Chapter 9

The week went by pretty fast, and I was relieved. I had talked to Harry every day like usual. He was just as excited as I was about me coming, as were the rest of the lads. I had decided that on Friday I'd just say I was sick again in order to get off work. I mean, I work with kids, and I hadn't asked off since the day of the concert, so they'd believe me.

The night before I left, I ended up at Britt's.

"Hey, Britt, do you talk to the boys at all? I know you have their numbers."

"Yeah, I have their numbers and sometimes I talk to them. Not as much as you do though."

"Not even Niall?" I smirked. I had a feeling that she was considering the smile she got sometimes when she answered her phone.

She instantly blushes. "I probably talk to him the most, but not like every day. Why?"

Silently, I call bullshit.

"Oh, I just know how much you like him so I figured you would. Plus, didn't you two kiss?"

"We did, but it was just a kiss, and I don't want to seem creepy and stalker-ish if he's not interested. You know."

"I got you. I was just wondering." I dropped the conversation. I only brought it up because Harry was telling me how Niall talks about Britt a lot. I wasn't going to tell her that though. Those two can figure it out on their own. Although, I'd love if they did end up together.

Friday morning was finally here. I called into work claiming to be sick and that I was going to the doctor later. My flight left at eleven, so I planned on leaving the house at nine. Just as I was about to leave, there was a knock on my door. I opened it with a tad of annoyance, I had to leave soon and didn't have time for visitors. On the other side stood Britt.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be at work?"

"I called in this morning saying I had the same thing you did."

"Why would you do that?"

"Because you need a ride to the airport, duh!"

I rolled my eyes. "Fine let's go then." I grabbed my bag. "I could've drove myself you know."

"I know, but now I have the whole day off to go shopping and relax."

"You mean talk to Niall?"

She diverted her eyes from me. Yep, those two were working on something. I loved it.

The flight to Chicago wasn't all that bad. I got some sleep, but my flight was delayed a bit because of wind. I hope the bad start wasn't an omen of what was to come, and whoever was picking me up didn't think I bailed.

After landing and getting my bag, examined the crowd looking for someone with a sign or something. My name was called out and I whipped around to find a familiar face.

"Paul!"

"Tabby how are you?" He said reaching for my bag.

"Great now that I'm here."

"That's good. Follow me this way to the car."

He led me to a black escalade, and I jump into the passenger seat and buckle up. The ride to the arena was made short by the conversation Paul and I had. I could see why the boys like him so much.

I was getting nervous as I saw the arena coming into view, and my heart rate picked up a bit. You wouldn't think I'd be this anxious, but it was the first time seeing them in person since that first night.