Chapter 22

It had been three weeks since the abuse with Sean started. I lived with a bruised body. Just as I healed he would add more. I was black and blue from the neck down. He realized that hitting me wasn't as damaging as physically taking what he wanted from me, and so that became his favorite form of torture. I forced myself to think about something good until it was over.

Britt stopped questioning me, but she constantly looks at me worried. Gemma said something to Harry, who asked me about the bruises, but I told him the same story as Gemma. I had been ignoring him, so I didn't get in trouble. Everyone suspected something but refused to say anything.

I got home from work, and Britt handed me an envelope.

"What's that?"

"It's an invitation to Harry's birthday party that Niall is throwing for him at his place."

"Oh, yeah. When is it?"

"Next weekend."

"I'll see if Sean wants to go."

Britt raised her eyebrows. "Will he go? Will he let you go?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know, Tab. Maybe that you barely hang out with anyone since you started dating him," she said sarcastically.

"Whatever." I started to walk away, but Britt grabbed my arm. I sucked air in through my teeth, and she quickly let go and looked sadly at me.

"What's up with you, Tab? We're all worried about you. Especially, Harry and Niall. You don't talk to them anymore. Hell, you hardly talk to me, and we live together. You come home and go straight to your room."

I looked down fighting back tears. "Is Sean controlling you? Is he hurting you? Please tell me, I don't want to lose you!" She was crying.

With tears in my eyes, I said, "Just drop it, Britt. Please." I ran upstairs.

Sean was on his way over, so I figured I'd ask about the party. I knew his answer will be no followed by a few beatings just for asking, but I wanted to go.

He didn't look happy when he entered my room.

"What's going on downstairs?"

I looked at him confused. "What do you mean? When I got home it was just Britt. I came straight up here."

"All of One Direction plus others are in the living room."

"I have no idea. I swear! They must be headed somewhere."

He seemed to believe me, which I was relieved for.

"I do want to ask you something though."

"What?"

"Next weekend is Harry's birthday party, and I was wondering if we could go?"

"NO!" He yelled.

I knew he would refuse but I was willing to bargain with him.

"Please! I've been ignoring all of them, and I think they suspect something. This would prove that nothing is going on."

He was considering it.

"Plus, you could hit me every day for two weeks if we can go. Please, Sean. I need to see my friends, so they don't worry about me."

"Fine."

"Really!" I was a little too excited.

"I'll be nice tonight and let you rest because tomorrow I'm really going to lay into you, and you're going to get it until the party. Got it?"