Chapter 1

"Harry we just met!" I say with a shock.

"Exactly. Ever heard of love at first sight?" He said with that smile that kills me.

I've thought about this for a while, but now that it is here I'm at a loss.

"Come on Tab. I love you. Just marry me!"

"Okay...I'll-"

Beep...Beep...Beep...

I woke up pissed that the dream didn't finish. They always end before getting really good, but I had to get to work which, I was absolutely dreading.

I had moved to Oklahoma City about 3 months ago, finishing my degree and starting a dead-end job in Southeast Kansas. I was working at an after-school program at the local school of the little town I grew up in when my cousin, Jesse called. We had always been like brother and sister, so when he asked if I wanted to move in with him, I was only slightly reluctant. He broke though my reservations by reminding me that there was nothing in the small town, and if I don't leave then I would be there forever. He had always hated living there and had nothing good to say about it.

We were planning for the move to take place in the summer, but I pushed the date up. I simply could not bear another day of the monotonous life that Kansas seemed to bring about. As quick as I could, I packed my bags and set off for my new adventure. Sadly, this new chapter in my life wasn't the "huge change" I was longing for, but I'm optimistic that it can't get worse.

I'd been 2 weeks without a job, or any interviews for that matter. Trying to be helpful, Jesse sent my resume to an early childhood learning center, which was just a glorified daycare for the rich, and I got the job. It's a long shot from my dream job, but it worked for the time being.

For all its downfall, there is a bright side to my job-the wonderful people. I met Britt while sharing a classroom during the summer program. She is loud, pretty, and spunky- the stereotypical outgoing socialite. The more we talked, the more I realized that we were basically the same person. I could tell we would be fast friends. Although, we did have one hiccup; she was a huge fan of One Direction-a band I had minimal interest for the time.

Yes, I admit, I wasn't always a fan, so sue me!

Britt's efforts to convert me into a fan started with simple tactics. She would hum their songs while bobbing her head full of bright red hair to the beat or urge me to watch their Youtube videos by batting her sky-blue eyes at me. I began to notice when their songs played on the radio and thinking about how cute the five talented boys were during my day. I was becoming obsessed and found myself in love with what is now my new favorite band.

I trudged my way through the chaotic morning with the children and finally caught a break when they went outside to play. I stayed behind in the class and was preparing for the next activity when Britt popped her head through the door.

"Hey Loser! I'm so excited for 1D concert in a few days!" she said with a smirk. I shook my head. She knew she was rubbing it in.

"Well guess what!" she exclaimed.

"What?" I said as a snark remark, thinking she would just rub it in more.

"Well, my mom decided not to go, so.." she grinned

"What?! Please tell me you are taking me instead!" My entire body was shaking as I tried to contain myself.

"Well, I was going to take Kristie," she said with a sarcastic grin, "but, I figured you're my new best friend so I guess that makes me obligated to take you." she finished with a teasing smile.

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed jumping up and down.

I looked like a mad woman as my class filed back into the room. I'm positive they had never seen someone so happy.