Chapter 20

**TRIGGER WARNING**

This chapter contains sex and physical abuse.

Christmas was amazing! I'm such a family person, and I love getting together with everyone for the holidays, but Christmas is my favorite.

My parents decorate their house so elaborately that we look like the Griswalds from 'Christmas Vacation'.

  My dad's mom is French, so when we go to her house on Christmas Eve, we do everything the French-Catholic way, even though she's the only one that's Catholic

  My dad's mom is French, so when we go to her house on Christmas Eve, we do everything the French-Catholic way, even though she's the only one that's Catholic. We are forced to go to Christmas mass and afterward we get our gifts. When I say we get our gifts, I mean she hands them to us unwrapped. It's a French tradition, either that, or she is lazy and cheap.

Later, at my mom's house, we open one gift, which is always pajamas. End the night watching 'A Christmas Story' before heading to bed.

My sisters used to stay up all night messing with me. I like my sleep and don't want to be bothered, but we always get up early to open presents. Now with my niece, it's even more exciting to watch her.

We got dressed and went to my mom's parents to open more gifts with her side of the family. After we're done there, we go back to our place and everyone comes over for food, and we play games and watch sports. It is the same thing every Christmas.

Except this year, all conversations were to me since I'm now living in London and are best friends with pop stars. Everyone knew Harry and I broke up and I kept reassuring them that we're still friends.

"It's not weird for you?" my aunt asked.

"A little bit, but we make it work. Plus, I've been seeing someone new."

"Oh, tell us about the new guy." my cousin said excitedly.

"His name is Sean, and he's got short brown hair, brown eyes and a jaw line and smile to die for. We've only been on one date, but we talk all the time."

"Is he the one you've been texting all day?" my sister asked.

"He's one of them. I've also been texting Britt and the other guys."

My three-year-old niece crawled on my lap wanting to play with my phone. She can work it better than me. When I see her, I sometimes get upset that I lost my baby, and I can't wait until I can try again.

The week went by so fast, and Britt and I landed in London the morning of New Year's Eve. When we got to the flat, there were flowers everywhere. Niall had warned Britt there was a surprise waiting for her. All of the blossoms smelled so good. I missed getting surprises like this.

I had plans to spend the night out with the boys and Sean that night, so I laid down for what seemed like 10 minutes, but when I woke up, it was 4 hours later.