Chapter 34

Alex's Pov-

We all were filled with joy as Niall told us the news about Madi being okay. The doctor came out and told us she was very weak, and had to stay a for at least a week to watch over her and see how she's doing. Niall was going to stay with Madi in an actually room this time. As we were walking out I realized that I had no where to go....I still hadn't told Liam what happened to me.

I hadn't ever told anyone what my father has done to me all these years when I mother walked out on him. She was such a whore, she left us to go stay with some billion dollar old man. I was only six when she walked out on us, but that doesn't mean I didn't know what went down. I can't ask Liam if I could live with him. I don't want that stress moved onto his shoulders. I mean if word got out I began living with my history teacher, all while I'm like in love with him...wouldn't help. He could loose his job just hanging out with us..

I mean Zayn, Harry, and Louis all risk their jobs even more. With Zayn dating Rose, and Harry and Louis dating we could all get in some deep shit. Niall is on the verge of telling Madi how much he loves her, I can feel it in my bones. But with Liam...it's different. I know for a fact that I am in love with him. There are too many problems though. Liam is my teacher and I could get him fired. I know that love doesn't work out for my family...it never has. Last but not least...he just plainly doesn't like me.

Every time I think that Liam thinks of me only as a friend, I break a little inside every fucking time. "Alex?" Liam's soft voice rang threw my ears like music. I quickly look up at him to see he was standing right in front of me. "Y-Yes?" Why did I stutter? "Everyone left, and Niall went back with Madi...you've been staring into space for a good ten minutes." He said, giving me a look like to explain what was wrong. "Oh...sorry!" I tried to sound cheery, happy, anything other than what I really feel. Don't get me wrong I'm overjoyed that Madi is okay, but everything comes at a price...right?

"Are you...okay?" Liam looked generally concerned. "Y-Yeah, Yeah!" I said twice because my first answer didn't sound to convincing. Liam slowly brought his large hands into my own, searching my eyes. "No, No you aren't okay." His brown eyes stared into my hazel colored ones. I opened my mouth to talk but closed it, I did that process for another second. "W-What?" My shakily breath had gotten worse.

"I know you're not okay, it's okay love." He leaned down whispering in my ear. I shivered under his body and I knew he felt it. "I know you think nothing will ever work out, and you can't trust anyone to help you. But this is different, we all love you and want to help." He smiled, begging me with his eyes to let him in, to let him help me, to let me trust him.

The thing was I didn't know if I could trust him, I trusted so many people that just walked out of my life. I spent my whole life building up a wall that's slowly being torn down again. I don't know, how I could let this happen. I mean it's all unusual he even said it was different. "I-I can't." I whispered looking down, and noticed our hands were still interlocked.

"Alex, if there's any certain reason why you're so closed off then you should really tell me. I could help." He sounded so sympathetic. Like he was only doing this because he pitied me. When I didn't reply he only continued. "Alex, please. I want to tear down these walls that you've built around yourself, and I know that it's slowly coming back down." I bit down on my lip. "I also know that you're trying everything you can to built back up again. That you don't want people close."

I stared to taste blood in my mouth by now. "I just don't know why you're trying this hard, but I will find out." I couldn't take it anymore, him saying all of this wasn't helping me once so ever. "I'm not trying so hard!" I yelled ripping my hands away from his and out of his grip. "Alex, I want to help." He said looking at me with sympathetic eyes, and sadness.

"Stop saying that!" I yelled, my hands coming up to connect with my dark red hair. "It's only the truth." He said, taking a step closer. "Stop!" "I know that somethings going on, and you can't hide it." He said taking another step closer to me with every sentence. "Stop!" "I can't stop, I care to much about you to let you go threw whatever it is killing you." He sounded so sincere. You have to ignore the brainwashing he's trying to pull, you're stronger than that Alex.

"Stop! Stop!" I couldn't concentrate, the room was spinning, and I felt as if there wasn't enough oxygen in the room. "I want to be the one person you tell other people that pulled you from the darkness consuming you!" His words were physically suffocating me. "You're lying! You couldn't possibly want to help!" I screamed people at the front desk now peeking in watching for anything bad to happen.

"You're wrong. Alex, you're only scared." He breathed out calmly. "No! You are the one trying to make things seem worse than they are!" I pulled at my red locks. "I want to understand, Alex." He said quietly. That's when all hell broke loose for me. "THAT'S THE THING LIAM, YOU DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND! NO ONE WILL EVER UNDERSTAND! NO ONE WANTS TO UNDERSTAND, NO ONE HAS THE TIME AND PATIENCE TO UNDERSTAND!" I screamed then bolted out of the waiting room into a cold winter night.

"ALEX!" ALEX!" Liam screamed for me, and I flinched from it. It sounded just like my father's screams for me to come back. This thought making me run faster. No one would ever understand, no one would want to....because no one cares enough. It's all lies, I've gotten to attached to these people. They're all going to leave me, and realize that they don't need me. That I'm nothing but a worthless mess of a teenage girl.

Tears are streaming down my face as the cold from outside bites at my face.

I go to the only place I know where I can be safe from anyone and anything...my old house from when I was five years old.