Chapter 1

I woke up to the sound of people talking. Ugh, why am I so uncomfortable? I opened my eyes looking around. Oh yeah, that man I call a father kicked my mom and I out. He literally threw our bags out the door handing my mom 6,200$. He only gave us the money because that's what the court issued. I sigh, putting my iPod in my backpack. I adjusted my bracelets on my left wrist, I also had some rubber bracelets on. 

"Please fasten your seat belts, we are about to land." Someone said on the speakers. I reached over buckling my mom's belt. She mumbled in her sleep, something about how cows can fly before pigs? My mom is strange but then again so am I. I chuckled under my breath at my own thoughts. We landed a few minutes later, I had to wake my mom up. Not fun, not fun at all.

"Mom, we landed." I said quietly shaking her. Other people were around so I was shy. "What? Huh?" She said jumping up in her seat the seat belt stopping her from going into the seat in front of us. "Mom, we landed." I said picking up my backpack. I handed her, her purse. "Thanks" She said starting to walk to the exit. I walked after her, there were many people walking around.

Making me feel small and closed in. I am just barley 5'3, I am pretty short. I hate it my best friend used to make fun of me for it. Mom lead the way to bag pick up. We got our bags in silence but we were just tried. I mean it was like 2:30 in the morning when we landed. We dragged them outside in the dark. I yawned again, waiting for the taxi mom called to come. After a little while it finally came, we jumped in and drove to my new "home" as mom says.

I don't think its going to be homey for a while. Moms going to be working all day then sleeping all night before going back at 6:30 in the morning coming back at 12:00. That's hard, I said I could get a job too but she said no. We finally pulled up to a house in town. I got out of the car just staring at the place I call home now.

I grabbed bags out or the car while my mom paid the driver. I started to drag my bags to the house, mom not to far behind.I had to open the door with my elbows, once I got the door opened I dropped my bags on the floor. I walked over to the couch flopping my whole body on it face first. I can hear my mom's soft foot steps coming over to the couch along with the wheels of her suit cases.

She set them by my feet, "How do you like it here so far?" She asks lifting up my feet then sitting down. It's like a wonderland! I groaned in response. "You can start out fresh here! Make new friends! Or a boyfriend! Or-" "No, I don't want to make any friends." I cut her off. "Look I know these past 2 years have been hard for you, but you have to move on." She sighed.

I sat up looking at her, "You wouldn't know! " I grumble throwing my arms in the air."Can you at least act like you're happy for dinner tonight with my new boss?" She asked sighing. I nod, then plant my face back into the pillow. "Well I am going to call the airport to bring our kitchen, bathroom, and other things." She said grabbing the phone walking off into the kitchen.

I sigh getting up walking over to my bags picking them up. I start walking up the stairs dragging the suitcases with me.Once I get to the top, there are 3 doors. I try the door closest to me, on the right side. I open it to see an office with shelves filled with books. Probably mom's office for her new job. I walk out closing the door behind me. I walk to the door across from that one.

I open it to see a queen sized bed pushed against the wall in the middle, with green and white flowers on the bedding. On the left side there was a closet that was opened slightly. On the right side was a desk with a chair and some papers by the bed. A TV was right across from the desk pushed against the wall. Must be mom's room, I walked out leaving the door opened a crack.

I walked to the door on the end of the hall way. I opened it to find a room perfect for me, some of my posters were already up, the desk was filled with my art work, and my Christmas lights were up.

There were two doors one was a closet and the other was a bathroom. Maybe I won't hate it here as much as I thought I would.