Chapter 27 Escape

Chapter 27 Escape

The sound of voices had me stirring in the warm bed. It was amazingly comfortable, like floating on a cloud or maybe I was high. There was no pain in my body anywhere, my senses seemed clearer more defined meaning I was still tapped in to everyone. The shouting got louder so I focused on what they were saying and who it even was.

“I can’t break the bond Victor; a blood bond can’t be broken. If you kill one of them chances are the other will die as well. So killing Alec won’t release Morgan from the bond it will more than likely kill her. With the bond in place there is no spell that will get you her powers. It is like a shield protecting her from everything I try” the voice was unfamiliar with a kind of French accent. Great foreign demons, this is just wonderful.

“What if I bond with her will that connect me to her power” Victor’s oh so annoying voice said.

“It might but it might kill you because you are not designed for the power Morgan holds within her. See Victor the Gods designed Morgan to hold more power than any other being for the reason of destroying evil. She is what we call a “Banisher”, someone that can rid the world of evil. Demons that is, she can’t do anything about other humans but she is more powerful than even she knows. You are a demon, connecting with her might just kill you” the new guy said. Oh there’s an idea but then if it doesn’t work I’m screwed and stuck with an asshole. No thanks.

“Maybe we should test it on someone with their own power” Victor said and I could almost picture the smirk on his face. This wasn’t good, nope not good at all. Peeking my eye open to see the room was empty I quickly jumped out of bed running to the dresser since I was still naked, grabbing some clothes and going into the bathroom. Doing a quick examine of myself, I saw all the wounds were healed, other parts seemed untouched thank god and there was no pain in my back. Thank you guys I mentally said to everyone back home for helping heal me.

“You’re welcome” I squealed at the sudden voice in my head.

“Ace?” I asked as I pulled on the silky black underwear and then my jeans.

“Yeah, are you ok” he asked making me wonder where Alec was.

“I’m ok but I think Victor is planning something that could be bad for all of us. I have to find a way out of here now.” Even to me I sounded panicked.

“What is he planning” Ace asked

“I think he is going to try to make me connect with a demon to see if it will kill them. I’m worried if it doesn’t then their power will throw ours off. Ace you have to ask Zeke if there is a way out of here without teleporting.” I rushed putting on a hot pink push up bra, gross, and a black tank top. He can get colorful underwear but not clothes, really?

“Morgan, I wasn’t going to tell you this but Alec isn’t doing well. He was already weak from you being gone but he felt everything you felt. By the way he was acting I’m assuming they whipped you” Ace asked nervously.