Luke's Story

Chapter 11 Luke’s Story (Luke’s POV)

I woke up with a pair of dark eyes staring right at me making me jump back and look around. I was back in my room at the palace. It still amazes me that Morgan allowed me to stay here. She is a lot different than the last time I saw her. Looking back to the eyes I noticed it was the guy from the ring that was with Morgan. I don’t know his name but the murderous look in his eyes says to keep quiet till he talks. He was wearing a white t-shirt with light colored jeans and standing up with his arms folded across his chest like he was fighting against pouncing on me.

“Do you have any idea what you did” his voice was cold as ice.

“Um, no” I answered truthfully because I wasn’t sure what he was talking about. Normally I would take offense to someone talking to me like that but if this guy can knock me out with one blow I don’t want to mess with him.

“With Morgan” he growled his eyes going completely black. I knew he was a vampire but I haven’t had much run-ins with them. I mostly deal with other shifters. But I think I knew what he was talking about, I attacked her before I knew what I was doing. She just stepped in the way of me and that fucking angel that knows about the wizard. I sat up on the bed and hung my head.

“I didn’t mean to attack her” I whispered feeling the guilt wash over me. Morgan has been helpful and nice to me and I go and hurt her. It’s just hard to contain my anger whenever I think about Xavier, the wizard that killed my family.

“I’m not talking about that, I’m talking about you going off to fight to the death for who knows what reason” the guy snapped. HUH? Fight to the death? It wasn’t a fight to the death it was just a fight for a couple grand and that’s it. I never fight those because I’m not ready to die, not till I get my revenge.

“It wasn’t a fight to the death, just a fight” I answered looking up into those black pits.

“Do you know what will happen if you die while having a connection with Morgan?” he asked glaring at me. I swear if looks could kill I’d be 6 feet under and then some.

“No” I quickly answered. I never thought about it but I assumed that if I did die it would just break the connection with her.

“It will kill her” his short answer sent a pain through my chest and hand clutching my heart. What the hell is that? Why would it kill her? Oh god, that explains the hurt and betrayal in her eyes that night.

“I…I didn’t know” I said looking up at the guy before me.

“That doesn’t excuse you being stupid and running off like that. If Morgan decides to talk to you again you will apologize to her”

“Who are you” I finally asked

“Ace, I am a good friend of Morgan’s and her guardian. I will not allow someone to hurt her for something so ignorant as a fight” Ace answered.

“Where is she” I asked wanting to see her and explain what happened.