Meeting the Angels

Chapter 19 Meeting the Angels

When Alec told me that Zeke was hiding something from me and worried I’d be mad at him I was thinking it was something bad, horrible even. But when he explained he thought he was the reason I was here I wanted to laugh. That was until he explained that he awakened Jules power. At that point I was overwhelmed with so many emotions. Happy that he saved my sister, confused that he thought it was his fault, but the most powerful one was sadness. It was because of Jules that Liam died, the little boy he was supposed to be protecting. In a way I felt responsible for him losing the little boy. When I hugged Zeke a sense of happiness washed over me. Zeke was a good angel before and because of one mistake he was sent to the underworld. I forgave him for everything he had done because he saved my sister, the one person I wouldn’t be able to live without. When I pulled away from Zeke it was like I was looking at a completely different person. The red hair was now black, the red eyes were a clear blue like the ocean, and those black wings were the most beautiful silver I’d ever seen. How the hell did they change, how did he change? When Zeke jumped up and ran into the bathroom I couldn’t help but smile, the demon wasn’t in him anymore so maybe he was back to being a guardian angel. I forgave him so maybe he forgave himself as well.

“How” Zeke asked as I leaned against the door frame watching him stare in the mirror. I shrugged but explained maybe it was because he forgave himself for what happened to Liam.

“But I didn’t forgive myself for what happened to him. I’m the reason he died. I’m the reason one of the most powerful wereanimals is now gone” he said and my whole body stiffened. Liam was a were? What? Why didn’t he tell me before?

“What do you mean? What was he?” I demanded but before Zeke could answer me his body started glowing as he disappeared. What the fuck? Then I felt my body being pulled every which way as the light around me got so bright it was blinding.

When everything stopped spinning I was standing, well it looked like I was standing on a cloud surrounded by a bright white light. Everything was beautiful looking and white. All around me was white almost like heaven, oh god I’m in heaven.

“Not heaven Morgan, you are in between earth and heaven. Kind of like a waiting room for the people that want to get into heaven.” A voice said making me jump about 5 feet in the air. I spun around to see a very beautiful man with long wavy brown hair and sky blue eyes. Large white wings were on his back and even tucked in they looked huge. His body was built and tan with long arms, his chest was bare and there a gold chain around his neck.

“Who are you” I asked once I was done staring at the angel in front of me. The angel smiled and it was dazzling, making me smile. I wasn’t nervous or scared, he’s an angel, a rather big angel but still a harmless angel. I hope anyway.

“My name is David and I’m the one that sent Zeke to you. He was destined to be your guardian angel.  Once we saw the prophecy we knew we had to get him to you. Unfortunately the only way we saw possible was by sending him to the underworld.”

“Wait you sent him to the underworld to be taken over by a demon so he could be my guardian angel” I interrupted.

“I know it seems wrong but he needed to get to know Victor, find out what he’s like. Zeke was always a good angel but he was meant to do more. The connection between you two will never be broken.”

“What connection?” I interrupted again hoping I wasn’t making him mad.

“The moment you used your power on him you created a bond. Your power is making you stronger and the connections you make will help you defeat Victor. Zeke will play a large part of that, you will need him to help you.” I stood there staring in shock. I am connected to Zeke and will need him in this battle. Like I don’t already have enough people now I have another. Alec is not going to like this one bit.