Consequences

Chapter 26 Consequences

Everything was coming together yet falling apart at the same time. I was getting my powers back but at the same time I was endangering the people I love. My sister was in a coma but thankfully the baby was fine. No doubt Collin is pissed off at me but I don't blame him. I should of questioned her, found out what she was doing? I was only thinking about my powers not the consequences.

"Princess please talk to me" Alec said for the millionth time. I haven't been able to talk to him because it just reminds me of what I did. I have been pacing the cage for an hour, exhaustion weighting heavy on my body. It was really hard to even keep my eyes open but every time I close my eyes I see Jules lying on a bed looking rather dead.

"Morgan you need to rest or you will never be able to help us" Granger said grabbing my shoulder to make me stop pacing.

I wasn't about to lay down on the nasty cot even if I wanted to sleep. Just the idea of being on that thing gave me chills. Victor hasn't been back since his last time dropping a major bombshell. I had to think of a way to get these people out of here. I wasn't sure if I could teleport this many people at once and if I did I knew it'd drain me. As tired as I am it might just make me pass out and not wake up for days but at the same time it would save all these people and put a major kink in Victors plans.

When I turned to look at the other cages I damn near jumped out of my skin. A lady with dark brown hair, light green eyes and in her late 50's stood there holding a tray staring at me.. It wasn't the same lady I saw before making me wonder who she was and why she was here. But the tray in her hand kind of gave away why she was here.

"Miss. Morgan your dinner and clean sheets for your bed per Master Victor" she said sliding the tray under the door and handing the sheets through the bars.

"I'm confused, why would he send this down here" I asked looking under the lid on the tray to see a T-bone steak, mashed potatoes, and mixed veggies. The sheets were blood red but at least they were clean even though they reminded me of the ones I woke up on before.

"I don't ask questions just do as I'm told Miss" She said turning to walk away.

"Wait" I said moving closer to the door.

"Yes" she turned back to me.

"What is your name"

"Doris"

"How long have you been here" I wanted to know but at the same time I didn't.

"I have only been her for a year but I was told that I replaced the old cook. I don't think I want to know what happened to her" she said shaking her head. I knew what she meant.

"I'm sorry you're here" I said looking down at the food.

"Don't feel sorry for me Miss, I don't mind" she said holding her hand out to me when a beautiful red rose appeared in her hand. I just stood there staring my eyes ready to pop out of my head.