Twisted Desires No More

Chapter 13 Twisted Desires No More

My eyes fluttered open to a dim lit room, the sound of muffled voices filling the silence. As I looked around I noticed I was lying on a bed with white walls surrounding me. A few pictures hung here and there but it was too dark to see. There was a night stand on one side with a lamp that was lighting the room, a dresser at the foot of the bed and a large window on the right. To the left was a door where the voices were coming from but I couldn’t tell what they were saying. Slowly climbing off the bed I looked around for a clock to see it was already 7:25 pm. Well isn’t that lovely, I passed out for the whole damn day. Making my way to the door I could feel my body humming with energy from the were’s in the next room. This power seems to be getting stronger with each connection I make. And what the hell happened to Luke? Opening the door I saw a hallway with a door to the left of me and another further down the hall. The voices were louder out here but I still couldn’t hear them. It was like earplugs had been stuffed into my ears.

“What the hell does that mean” someone yelled as I walked down the hall toward what I assumed to be the living room.

I past a door leading into a kitchen where I saw Leslie sitting at a small table eating what looked like spaghetti. The room was small with counters on either side of the room and one alone the back wall. There was a small table sat in the center and again everything was white except the table which was black. Leslie looked up at me and smiled the biggest smile.

“Good to see you awake” she said getting up. As she walked toward me I just smiled at her before she wrapped her arms around my waist. I was slightly shocked at first but wrapped my arms around her hugging her back.

“What’s this for” I asked looking down at her.

“You helped me shift and it didn’t hurt” she said which only confused me more.

"Huh" I stated confused.

“She means that for her first time shifting it was painless. Most of the time when we shift for the first time it is so painful we can’t stand to move for days” Bruce said from behind me making me jump. Holy hell these people need to stop sneaking up on me.

“So..Wait, your saying I made her shift” I asked looking down at her as she stepped back. I know I can make them shift but since she never shifted before I didn’t think or rather know it would work on her.

“Yes, as soon as this connection thing happened the power from you went from me to her making us both shift at the same time. It was strange that you had enough power to do that” he said looking between me and his daughter. There was so much love in his eyes for her that I had to smile. For such a big, tough guy he was also a big softy.

“Honey I have more power than that, but that is the problem see. People don’t like me having all this power and want to take me away from the people I love. But just so you know I tried to fight the connection so if you didn’t want it” I trailed off looking up at Bruce.

“No it’s fine. Luke and Alec explained everything to me so I understand why you did what you did at the fight. I just don’t understand why you needed me if you are so strong” and that was the question. I wasn’t going to question Fareed but I still wondered.