Broken Connections

Chapter 5 Broken Connections

When the room stopped spinning and my body stopped feeling like I was being squashed, my eyes opened to see Zeke with his lips pressed to mine but we were no longer in the bedroom. Pulling away I watched him stand up straight and smile. That just pissed me off and I pulled back before slapping him with everything in me. I could feel Amy and Mandy stiffen behind me at what I did but damn it this demon angel guy is so not allowed to kiss me. I get enough of that shit already.

“Don’t you every do that again” I snapped. But the smile never left his face. I finally looked around to see we were in Alec’s office, yay, but when I saw Ace that same feeling of power and calm washed over me and had me running into his arms before I could think twice. As soon as I touched him my body buzzed with electric and heat stirred something in me that had me smiling. There was a strong connection to Ace that seemed to make my heart swell with pride because this man is awesome and I wouldn’t have it any other way. He is like a brother to me and a best friend. Someone pulled on my arm making me turn to see a bawling Jules who looked like she was ready to go into hysterics. Letting go of Ace might not of been a good idea because I swear she is trying to crush me. But it was nice to be home, AGAIN. Man I’m so getting tired of the again’s, damn it I want to stay here with my dysfunctional family and live happily ever after. Yeah right I know better than that.

I heard Ace mumble something and when I turned around he was staring at Amy or Mandy or Zeke, who knows but his eyes were completely black. Huh, I hope he doesn’t want to eat them. Walking over to the new recruits I brought with me, I realized where ever I go I always come back with a few more people. I glared at Zeke who hadn’t taken his eyes off me. Grabbing Mandy and Amy I pulled them over to Ace, Jules and Collin. Ace never took his eyes off Mandy and she didn’t seem able to look away from him either.

“Amy, Mandy, Max, this is my family, Ace, my sister Julia and Collin” I said pointing to each of them so they would know who was who “Guys this is Amy, Mandy and Max.” I pointed to each of them

“What about me” Alec said from behind us. Spinning around I almost gave myself whiplash. Holy hell, he looks hot. His hair was wild around his face, still wearing his tux but with the jacket gone and shirt unbuttoned showing the white beater underneath. I wasted no time running over to him and jumping into his arms. My lips crashed against his and those wonderful sparks and tingles shot through my body. I was so ready to haul this man off to the bed room when a voice interrupted us.

“I hate to break up the reunion but Victor isn’t going to be happy, you need to figure out what you are going to do” Zeke said making Alec jerk away from me with black eyes. Hey at least they weren’t focused on me this time.

“Zeke, I already know this why do you think we are here” I snapped. I wanted to hit him again for making Alec pull away from me. It’s a good thing Alec wasn’t in the room when we got her or there would be a dead demon angle in the middle of the floor. I wonder if you can kill an angel.

“Is there somewhere we can go that isn’t around him” I heard Mandy say and turned to look at her. What I saw had me pushing out of Alec’s hold and across the room toward them. Amy turned to me looking more scared than before. Was she scared of me?

“You said you were humans” I snapped angry she would lie to me.