Shapeshifter

Chapter 3 Shapeshifter

Alec stood before me with those blue-grey eyes taking in my appearance, he was wearing a tux and I wondered if he’s even changed since the wedding. But I didn’t waste time jumping off the bed and running over to him throwing myself into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist. He grabbed ahold of my ass holding me against him. How did he get here? Screw it, I don’t even care. I crushed my lips to his when I felt him lay me down on the bed. Um, not exactly the right time for this. I pulled away looking at him when I realized I wasn’t feeling the normal tingles from touching him. Even blocking him from my mind I should still be able to feel that, right?

“I missed you Morgan” he said, ok something is up. He isn’t acting like himself and he didn’t call me princess. His lips were back on mine when I thought of the barrier blocking Alec and brought it down.

“Alec” I thought.

“Morgan are you ok, what’s wrong” the panic in his voice was enough to tell me something was wrong. Quickly putting the barrier back up, I pulled away from the kiss again and rolled us over so I was straddling this guy who was exactly like Alec but wasn’t.

“How did you find me” I asked looking down into those blue-grey eyes. In this position they should be bright blue, oh god this isn’t Alec. Stay calm, don’t freak, DAMN IT!

I jumped off the bed and realized Amy was gone and I wasn’t sure where she went. Fear shot through me when I looked around to see the room was empty, maybe she is hiding in the bathroom. Looking back to the bed I saw the Alec look-alike sitting up on his elbows smirking at me.

“W-who are you” I finally managed to say. The guy didn’t answer, instead he stood up and I watched as his face started changing, his body growing taller till the person that stood before me was none other than Victor. I gasp, moving back till I was pressed against the wall. Gross, I kissed him. Ugh, I need mouthwash in the worst way now.

“Hello pet” he smiled. He fucking smiled at me and I wanted to hit him so bad. I wonder if it would hurt me to hit him. I’ll try later I’m not about to get close to him again.

“What the hell are you” I yelled anger bubbling inside me.

“I’m a shapeshifter. A true shapeshifter” Victor’s deep voice said and again his body started changing when it burst into a hundred black snakes with red stripes. A scream ripped through me as all the snakes started coming closer to me. I hate, hate, HATE, snakes. I screamed again when one of them started climbing up my leg. Shaking it off, I jumped around them on any bare floor I could find and ran to the other side of the room. I did a full body shake trying to get the creepy-crawly feeling to go away. This can’t be happening to me, what else is this freaking world throw at me. Shit, I shouldn’t of said that. When I turned around I saw the snakes gathering together, their bodies seeming to melt into each other till Victor stood before me with those black eyes, the red that is usually around the edge now in thin slits in the center just like snake eyes. FREAKY! And he’s still fully dressed, thank god.

“Stay the hell away from me” my voice shaky and low. Victor laughed a deep, menacing laugh that sent cold chills down my spine.

“It’s time for dinner pet” he said walking toward the door like he didn’t just turn into a bunch of snakes. I really wasn’t that hungry anymore. No, my nerves decided I didn’t need to eat at the moment.

“You can come willingly or I will drag you” he said his hand on the door handle. I didn’t want him touching me so I followed even though I didn’t want to. Where the hell did Amy go? Following Victor down the three flights of steps and back into the large dining room I found a whole bunch of people, a few creatures or monsters to be exact and the cooks that were serving the food. My feet rooted to the floor just inside the door while I looked around at all the different eyes on me.