Apollo || Only You

Start from the beginning

"Must not have been as hot as you thought?" He said dismissively. "Now I have to run, I'll call you to set up next time." He hesitated before hugging you tightly. "Thank you, (y/n)," he whispered before letting you go and rushing out the door.

You paused before running after him. You exited the shop and looked both directions hoping to find that shaggy blonde mop but he had disappeared.

That was definitely not the last you saw of Apollo.

He called you later that night to set up the next date for the next week. After that one went just as well you set up yet another one and another one until it became sort of like a tradition to have a date a week at the coffee shop you went to the first time. You thought you knew almost everything about him after all of his stories, but you were far from the truth.

About three months into your relationship, you were walking home after another date. You were still in the giddy stage after being with your boyfriend, and that tended to make you a little less aware.

There was a crash from the alleyway you were walking past.

You flinched and glanced down the passage.

At the far end the shadow of a man was hunched over grumbling in what sounded like pain.

You hesitated before stepping foot into the alley. "Sir? Excuse me, Sir? Are you alright?"

Coughs rattled his body as he shook his head.

You instinctively drew closer to lend him aid.

His hand shot out and knotted itself with the collar of your shirt. The coughing turned to laughter and he grinned revealing pointed teeth. "Didn't anyone tell you not to travel into dark alleyways at night?" He laughed maliciously. "Oh well. If they had, I wouldn't have a meal tonight." He pulled you closer to him and sniffed your shirt. "Hmph. Mortal. I was really hoping for demigod flesh tonight." He laughed again. "Oh well. I'll still feast well tonight." He looked up at you with a single eye planted in the center of his forehead. He dragged a pointed fingernail against your forearm drawing blood.

You opened your mouth to scream but nothing came out.

He brought his face closer to your body getting ready to bite down.

"Stop!" A familiar voice shouted.

The monster halted and glanced over his shoulder. "Heh, another snack. Hmm, but you aren't a mortal or a demigod. What kind of juicy morsel are you?"

You glanced around the monster and let out a strangled gasp. "Apollo no!"

He stood at the entrance to the alley. His normally bright eyes were dark and narrowed at the creature that held you. He took slow confident strides toward you. "Let her go lest you forfeit your life."

"Hah! I don't see a single weapon on you and no demigod has bested me in centuries!"

Apollo disregarded his threat. "Too bad for you, I am no demigod." His figure began to glow a blinding yellow light. "I am Apollo, god of the sun, twin to Artemis, son of Zeus, and you have hurt someone precious to me. And for that, you must pay." He was at your side in an instant ripping you from the monsters grasp. He wrapped his body around you shielding you from the one-eyed man. He covered your eyes with his hand. "Don't look."

You squeezed your eyes shut as a warm light flooded over you.

The monster screamed in agony and the ground rumbled slightly.

Slowly the sound stopped and the ground went still as the light receded.

Apollo took his hand off your eyes. "Alright. You're safe now."

Your eyes snapped open and you turned to face him.

He looked down timidly. "I'm so sorry you had to see that. I never thought the monsters would target you." His eyes trailed to your arm and he went pale. "You're bleeding." He took your arm in his hands and covered the wound like he had on your first date.

The pain receded and the cut closed instantaneously.

He pulled his hands away once he was satisfied with the heal and looked up at you.

You stood there staring for a good minute or two.

Finally he looked down bashfully. "Can you say something? You're making me all self conscious."

"Y-You're not human are you?" You stuttered out.

He sighed. "No I am not. I am the Greek god Apollo, lord of the sun, medicine, and poetry just to name a few." He looked down.

You stared at him awestruck for a few seconds.

He shoved his hands in his pockets. "Look, I get it if you never want to see me again but-"

You crashed into him locking him in a hug. "You idiot! You had me so scared there for a bit!" You buried your face in his chest. "God or not, don't you ever do something so stupid again!"

He hugged you back. "Oh gods, you don't know how happy it makes me to know you don't hate me."

"Hate you? Never." You pressed your lips against his.

Four months after the incident with the cyclops you sat in his apartment in Manhattan looking through some of his old picture books from the centuries.

"Wow, you've been alive for a long time," you commented going through some of his pictures from the thirties.

"Couple millennia."

You chuckled. "Alright Grandpa." You opened another photo album entitled "Her" and stopped at the first picture.

In the black and white photo, Apollo sat laughing with a girl who could have been your identical twin.

"What?" You whispered flipping through the book. Every page had a picture of your doppelgänger and Apollo, the only thing different was the clothes that suggested different time periods. "Apollo?"

"Hmm?"

"Who's this?"

He glanced over and laughed lightly. "Ah, I remember this one. You were so scared on that roller coaster. It was almost too cute." He smiled and looked at you. "Remember that day we met? Well that wasn't coincidence. I'd been planning that for a good year. You're very easy to pick pocket you know." He smiled flipping through the pages. "But that wasn't the first time I'd met you. The first time I met you was early 1879. I chased you down after you dropped your pocket book and we went out for morning tea. All the girls you see here, are your past lives. I've tracked you down throughout the years and every time I find you, I fall in love over and over again."

You looked up at him. "Me?"

"You. Only you," he said with a smile.

"Your eyes shine like gems,
Your hair has glorious shine,
I'm so glad you're mine."

***
And there's the Apollo one!

Too tired for a real authors note ^^

Mr. Avocado 🐙: Get some sleep, Simp. You deserve it.

Simp: Will do. Good night guys!

I hope you liked Only You and if you did please vote and comment and I'll see you in the next part!

💤bye💤