Is This Real? Or Is This All Just A Nightmare?

Natsu's POV:

I guess it all started that fateful morning. It was just like any other day when the team decided to go on a mission. I obviously had no problem with that since I enjoy fighting, but for some weird reason I just felt as if something was gonna happen. I just figured it was just my excitement bobbling inside me after reuniting together after a year, with you know, with the guild being disbanded and everything after that, so I just went along. But what I'll forever regret was ignoring my instincts. But you know by now I thought I knew better to NEVER ignore my instincts, since I'm a dragon slayer and all, but people do say I am oblivious. Well anyways the team had no trouble getting there, (if you don't count us dragon slayers barfing from motion sickness), it all started like any type of battle; going to the client and then off to go beat bad guys! When suddenly that werid feeling came back. The feeling that something was gonna happened, but this time I realized it was gonna be bad, VERY bad. And it did. Way, way worser then I could EVER imagine. It felt as if everything went slow-motion, I could replay it in my like an endless loupe. It started with Lucy's magic deflating from exhaustion, then Gray and Erza finishing their last blow with a powerful move, causing them to drop down from exhaustion as well. Wendy, who was in defense, helping us with magic power, went to the wounded to heal their injure's, soon dropped from magic deflation and exhaustion as well. Now the only one standing was me and that dark master. Yeah, I figured it would be. It's always like this. Either me or Erza would end up being the last ones. Stupid Ice Princess couldn't stay grounded to at least do that! But this time it was different. Why you ask? Well that's because I knew it was a one-sided beat down. And no, this time it wouldn't be the enemy, it would be me. Yep! Surprise, surprise! But I couldn't care less as long as my friends are same, I'll stay fighting! With an incredible powerful spell. We both launched an attack at each other before both of us soon blacked out from magic deflation. His words was the last thing before everything turned dark.

"MENTAL MAGIC: UNLEASH THE BEAST WITHIN!"

After what felt as hours of floating in darkness, I finally awoken back in the clearing where it all toke place. The first thing I register was the moon and stars. Then my surroundings. I felt a strange warm liquid behind my back. I shakily got up all sticky, but found my footing in warm water as well. The strange liquid was all over me and my body was aching all over from the last attack. I couldn't see what it was, since my vision was still cloudy and it's dark out, but when it everything became clearer, I realized what the liquid REALLY was. Blood. Actually, it was a river of blood, that was about everywhere. I obviously realized that it wasn't mine. No normal human could have THIS amount of blood inside their body. It was all just so inhuman. I looked around my surroundings and immediacy spotted who's it was. My COMRADES!!! And not only just them, but also the dark mages!!! OH MAVIS!!! Oh My Mavis!!! I saw their shredded body part's everywhere!!! Instantly a flow of terror struck me and I fell down on my hands and knees, getting soaked in more blood, but I didn't care. The horror of it all was too much for me to contain. My friends, my family, (even those dark mages, who know matter what they did, didn't and shouldn't deserve this), the people who I treasured dearly, the ones who I promised to always protect and be their for them are now gone! They believed in me! And I failed them! OH MAVIS I FAILED!!! Without my notice at first I started hyperventilating.

I soon did when I couldn't breath. 'Breath! Relax. Just breath!' I thought.

But I just couldn't. How could I?! HOW?! HOW AM IM SUPPOSED TO RELAX WHEN I KNOW MY COMRADES ARE GONE!!! The images will and would FOREVER stay attach with me! The knowledge that someone, some MONSTER could do this to my precious family! Tears soon escaped upon my despaired face. Ones I couldn't resist stopping. Tears of sorrow, realizing I wouldn't and couldn't EVER see my friends EVER again! The fun times we had together, the hardship we suffered together, the fights we went through just do become stronger to protect each other was all for.... Nothing. Now it's all gone!!! And it won't ever come back! The promises I made to Igneel after his.... Death... That I'll become stronger to protect them is now broken!!! Just like I am now. With a heartbroken roar that descended across the surrounding area, which would've brought anyone into tears. A wail of sorrow, frustration, and a DEEP loneliness that would FOREVER stay with me, escaped my throat. What's even worse was knowing that I have to face the whole guild alone and tell them the truth. The grief and the heartbreaking faces, just imagining it all breaks me even more so. But before that, I have to find out who or what did this. My mussing was interrupted when I suddenly heard a craze laughter from behind me. I turned sharply around to come face to face with that bastard dark master.