CHAPTER 29- THE MESSENGER

Hermione was already driving 2 hours. She couldn't disapparated with a car because she was enjoying the nature. She was driving in a long high way, where there were thick forests in both side of the road. She opened the window of her car to smell the fresh air. The Sun was already rising-high-above the distant mountains. She was driving 80kph and no worry at all because it was a long way; she could see if there was a car back and front.

Her car stereo was on; she was listening to her favorite song. She was singing when the stereo turned off. Hermione checked it while still driving. She press the on and off button but there's nothing happened. She gave up and thought that the car stereo might spoil.

When Hermione focused her attention to the road again, the stereo got on, but the sounds were like a scratching metal. Hermione winced and she hastily pushed the power button.

Hermione saw a man coming from the forest--just a few meters away--slowly running towards the road. Hermione knew she will hit the man any moment. She hardly stepped on the brake and maneuvered the car to the other side of the road to avoid the man, but because of too much friction the car swayed and Hermione lost control of the car. Hermione quickly grabbed her wand in the pocket of her blazer; and she disapparated before the car crashed into the tree with a sound of a small bomb and a can that was scrapped.

Hermione apparated in the road. She was looking at the car when she thought of the man who suddenly came along her way. She turned to look at the man if it got hurt; the man whom she nearly hit was now crawling in the road for the dear life, and he was covered with blood. There was someone chasing him. He was sizing like Hagrid, but his face was horrible, and he was carrying a strange large wooden mallet. And he was ready to attack the crawling man.

Hermione shouted "Protego", a protecting charm, to protect the bloody man. And she shouted "Expelliarmus" again to disarm the horrible stranger. The wooden mallet flew out of the strange man's hand.

Hermione ran toward the crawling man while her wand was ready in her hand. The horrible stranger looked at Hermione. Hermione saw in his face the confusion.

The bloody man moaned. Hermione bent to check the man's pulse. The horrible stranger made a frightful roar that brought Hermione's skin chill. She looked at the stranger, and she saw that he was like calling for his lot. Hermione heard someone made a same roar inside the forest and it comes from a different direction. She felt danger, she did not wait to see what was coming out from the forest; Hermione grabbed the bloody man's hand and she disapparated.

Meanwhile, Ron and Harry were in the Muggle area, they were one of the highest official guards, guarding the Muggle Prime Minister, who was now talking to a thousand of Muggles.

"What is it, Ron?” Harry asked when he noticed Ron was looking around and looked tense.

"I dream about, Hermione last night, Harry. And it's horrible,” Ron replied.

"It is only a dream, Ron. Hermione is all right,” Harry said.

"Yeah, she's okay, unless you dream it,” Ron said tactfully.

Harry did not argue. He knew what Ron meant to. He was referring of his bad dream before that all came true.

"Did you call her?” Harry asked again.

"No. Not yet, mate” Ron answered.

"You better call her to know if she's okay,” suggested Harry. But before Ron could answer, they heard "Psssst" sound. They looked around and saw Hermione hiding behind the stage on where the Muggles Prime Minister making his speech.

Harry and Ron stared at each other. Ron did not wait Harry to speak. He hurriedly went to Hermione when he realized no one was looking at them.

"What are you doing here? Why are you here? What's going on?” Asked Ron consecutively.