CHAPTER 10- HAPPY BIRTHDAY HERMIONE

The days passed by, Hermione and Kravens friendship continued. If she was not with Ginny, Luna and Dean; she was with Kraven--playing Chess in the bench along the Lake, or in the Library reading books and deliberating some topics, or walking together in the corridor--laughing.

Students started making rumours; They misunderstand the sudden closeness of Hermione and Kraven, they said, that they were together as couples. When Hermione heard it, she just laughed because all the rumours were all lies.

One afternoon, when Hermione and Ginny was walking in the Corridor, they heard a group of girls talking about Hermione and Kraven. When the girls saw them, they stopped talking. Ginny faced them and said,"Will you all stop talking about Hermione and Kraven, because they are just a friend. My brother... Ron Weasley and Hermione were still together, ok!.. So, will you stop talking about that nonsense!" 

The girls felt ashamed, and they ran away. Hermione also knew that Luna had a row on some of her fellow Ravenclew. When Luna heard they insulting Hermione, she defended her.

Lorrie also had a row with her Ravenclew friends. She defended Hermione. Hermione know that most of the girls in Ravenclew hated her, because she got the attention of their crush, Kraven. Kraven was a handsome and a good looking guy--even he was a silent type and snobbish, he still got an appeal to the girls.

Hermione don't bother or get worried if Ron overheard the rumours. Ron knew everything; she had no secret with Ron. They're not just boyfriend/girlfriend, they stayed best friend.

"I'm really a complete mess in Wizard chess,"exclaimed Hermione.

She lost again. Kraven was laughing at her. They're playing chess on the bench along the lake.

"Just more practice,"Kraven said laughing.

He pointed his wand into the chess board and muttered,"Reparo." 

The wizard chess had been back to original form. No broken pieces. Wizard Chess was enchanted, in which the pieces move on their own according to the command of the player. When a piece was taken, it was removed from the attacking piece, and often in a barbaric manner where the losing piece was smashed violently by the winning piece.

"Ok.. Another game,"Kraven said grinning to Hermione.

"Are you practicing to beat me?"

Kraven and Hermione looked to the left pathway to knew who was talking.

"Ron,"yelled Hermione. 

She quickly stood up and walked towards Ron, who was already standing few step from them. She hugged Ron on his waist. Ron hugged her back. After a second, Hermione released him.

"What are you doing here?"she bemusedly asked.

"Visiting you, of course,"Ron answered, grinning.

"Are you alone?"she asked.

"Nope! I'm with Harry. He just went to the castle to find Ginny, then they will meet us at the entrance gate,"Ron explained.

"Why? Where are we going?"asked Hermione.

"To Hogsmeade. To celebrate your birthday,"Ron said.

"Oh.. You remember?"

"Of course, I remember, and Harry too. We did not send your gift, because we want to deliver it personally,"Ron said. Hermione smiled sweetly.

"Oh.. Before we go.. I want you to meet Kraven,"Hermione said cheerfully.

She grabbed Ron's hand and walked towards Kraven. Kraven was keeping the Wizard Chess back to the box.