CHAPTER 6- MISS CARELESS

The next morning, Hermione woke up--still a bit upset with herself, but she agreed with Ginny that the letter she lost was not the first and last letter of Ron for her.

She slid open the curtain of her poster bed and got up. Her roommates were still sleeping--including Ginny. She took her bathrobe and uniform and went to the bathroom and had a shower.

When she came back to their room, her other roommates had been already up but Ginny was still in bed. She walked into Ginny's bed, which only few steps from her bed. She slid the curtain and saw Ginny's still cuddling on her pillow.  

"Ginny, are you not feeling well?"Hermione asked while shaking Ginny slightly.

Ginny opened her eyes and saw Hermione's worried face.

"I'm fine Hermione, just a little bit sleepy,"she answered and closed her eyes again.

"You have no class this morning?"Hermione asked.

"No,"she answered without looking at her.

"I see-- I have class this morning--see you at lunch,"Hermione said.

"Ok,"Ginny answered.

Hermione took her books and bag and went to the Great Hall to eat her breakfast before going to her Arithmancy class.

When she's done eating her breakfast, she walked faster going to her class. She had only 15minutes left and her Arithmancy class was also located at 7floor of the castle. She ran when she was already climbing up the stairway--going to the 7th floor. When she was about to step in the last step of the stairway--she missed it and-- "Aaaaaahhh..."

She screamed in horror--and she felt someone grab her hand and hold her waist. She opened her eyes when she knew she was already safe, and she saw the young man that she always bumped on, holding her waist and her hand like they were dancing. Hermione felt awkward on their position. She stepped backward as the young man released her.

"Thank you,"Hermione said quietly.

"At least you know how to say thank you,"he said sarcastically.

"My name is Hermione Granger, by the way, and you are?"she held her right hand to him.

"I'm Kraven Russel,"he took Hermione's hand and they shake hands.

"My pleasure to meet you Kraven, or should I say.. A pleasure to know you in first name basis."

Kraven smiled.

"Everybody knows who is Hermione Granger, no need to introduce yourself."

"Yeah.. Maybe everybody knows me, but not personally, and that makes the difference. People know my name, but I don't know them. I introduced myself to you so that we know each other formally, and also, next time when I fall to the floor, I know who's around,"said Hermione half laughing.

"Don't blame me on your carelessness, Ms. Careless,"he said grinning.

"I'm not blaming you, and I'm not Ms. Careless,"she said impatiently and she turned around to look down the stairway.

"Are you imagining how you've look like when you reached the landing after falling?"he asked when he noticed that Hermione was looking down the downstairs.

"No.. I just feel sorry for my books,"Hermione said looking at her scattered books downstairs.

Kraven laughed at her. Hermione withdrawn her wand.

"Accio books,"Hermione yelled and the books flew towards her. 

When the books was already on her arm, she muttered,"Reparo"