CHAPTER 21- THE RUSSEL'S

"Dear... Are you ready?"Hermione heard her mother voice called downstairs.

"Yes, mom. I'm coming,"Hermione answered as she made a final turned in front of the mirror. She was so pretty in a lavender-knee length-dress, and she made an elegant bun on her hair. She smiled to herself as she walked out of her room.

Her parents looked at her when she walked down the stairs.

"You looked pretty gorgeous, darling,"her mom said.

"Of course, because she's our daughter, Jean,"Mr. Granger said. "Are you ready, dear?"

"Yes, dad,"Hermione said, as she gave her daddy's a smile.

"Shall we go?"Mr. Granger said, as he offered his two arms to Hermione and to his wife. The two ladies hooked their hands to Mr. Granger's arm, as he guide them out of the house. And after locking the door he guided them again into the car.

After half an hour, their car stopped in a high-iron-gate. Hermione, who was seated in the back seat, leaned forward to have a better view of the big house located at the center of the area. Later on, a red light scan their car plate no. And when the red light was gone, the gate opened. Mr. Granger drove the car in.

"The Russel's are really rich, aren't they?"Mrs. Granger said. "Even their gate is highly automated."

"Atty. Russel is a good lawyer, there is no wonder on that. He was a highly paid lawyer,"Mr. Granger said.

Hermione was just listening with her parents. The car totally stopped in front of a big house. Mr. Granger went out first, and he opened the passenger seat where his wife seated. Hermione didn't wait her father to open the door for her. She came out on the car. And when she looked up to the front door, she saw few people coming out. They are walking in the wide threshold of the house. Hermione saw her parents climbed the two steps going up to the threshold to meet the host.

"Hector.. Jean.. I'm glad you come." Hermione looked at the tall man who called her parents. He looked very intimidating.

"My pleasure, Atty. Russel,"Mr. Granger said.

"Naa.. Don't call me Atty. We are not in the public area. I prefer Edward,"Atty. Russel said, as he turned his head to his side. "By the way, this is my wife Lucila, and this is my daughter, Annie... Oh, where is Kraven?"

"I'm here," Hermione looked at her side and she saw Kraven. He came from the left side of the house.

"And there he is.. My son, Kraven. I know, you know him already because he and your daughter were bestfriend, aren't they?"Atty. Russel said, as he glanced to Hermione, who was still standing at the landing of the two steps.

Hermione's parents was looking at Kraven.

"The last time I saw you, you are still a young-looking weird boy," Mrs. Granger said. "But looked at you now, you grown up as a young-looking handsome man."

"Thank you, Aunt,"Kraven said, timidly.

"We better go inside now, it's too cold outside,"Mrs. Russel said.

"You're right, honey. Come in everybody. I think dinner is also ready,"Atty. Russel said, as he escorted his wife. Hermione's parents followed.

Hermione climbed the two steps to follow. She noticed the young girl was still there and looking at her.

"Hello," Hermione said. The little girl did not answered. She was still looking at Hermione. Hermione smiled. She bent a bit and said,"You are, Annie, right?"

The little girl nodded.

"I'm Hermione, nice to meet you, Annie"Hermione said, as she raised her right hand to Annie. The little girl shake her hand.