CHAPTER 4- THE ACQUAINTANCE

"Good morning, Hermione,"Ginny greeted Hermione when she reached the Great Hall next morning and saw her, already sitting in the Gryffindor table. Hermione looked at Ginny and smiled.

Ginny sat beside her.

"Did you get your schedule?"Hermione asked Ginny.

"Yeah.. I took it on my way here,"Ginny said and she put down first the fork and spoon to take her schedule out of her bag.

Ginny put her schedule in the table to had a better looked at it while she's eating. Hermione glance at Ginny's schedule.

"I'm free till 10am.. Hmm.. --3hours vacant,"said Ginny in between chewing.

"I have my first class at 8am--and I need to go now, I don't want to be late for my first class,"said Hermione who's already standing and ready to leave.

"What is your first class?"asked Ginny.

"Ancient runes,"Hermione answered.

"Oh.. Ok, see you later,"Ginny called.

"See you at lunch,"Hermione answered over her shoulder and she started walking faster.

She had only 10minutes left--the Ancient Runes classroom was on the 7th floor of the castle.

When Hermione reached her Ancient Runes classroom, she hurriedly got in and sat in a vacant chair. Some students were already in the classroom.

The Ancient Runes class had only a few students in different houses. It was one of the difficult subjects in Hogwarts. Most of the students came from Ravenclew, only three from Hufflepuff, two from Slytherin, and Hermione were the only one from Gryffindor. Hermione sighed in relief when she noticed that there Professor was not yet in.

She seated in the chair in front. When she was settled, the girl on her left side looked at her. Hermione knew that the girl was examining her. She took away her eyes from the girl.

"Oh my goodness.. You are Hermione Granger, aren't you?"she heard the girl asked with a tone of excitement. Hermione looked back at her.

"Yes, I am,"Hermione answered.

She was smiling to the girl.

"My name is Lorrie Whales,"introduced the girl on Hermione and she held out her hand to Hermione. Hermione took it and gently shake Lorrie's hand.

"Hello, Lorrie, nice to meet you."

"My pleasure Hermione... umm.. Is it ok to call you Hermione?"asked Lorrie.

"Yeah.. --No problem with that"Hermione answered. And Lorrie smiled to her.

"Is it true that you are the only one who come back to Hogwarts?"

Hermione nodded and said, "yeah.. I want to finish my studies that's why I decided to come back."

"But I heard that, you also had a special job offer from the Ministry, why you didn't take it?.. I mean , it's an advance option for your career,"Lorrie said, tactfully.

"I don't need an advance option for my career, Lorrie.. I want to have a successful career in a proper way, and not because the Ministry offers it to me,"said Hermione in a dignified tone.

"Oh.. I see,"Lorrie muttered.

"So, only Harry Potter and Ron Weasley grab the Ministry's offer?"Lorrie asked again.

Hermione felt a bit annoyed but she doesn't want to be rude.

"Yeah.. The Ministry's job offer is perfect for Harry and Ron.. --To be an Aurors, and it's just right to accept it...it's a continuation of their mission, --chasing those Death Eaters who flee after the downfall of Voldemort,"Hermione answered.