Josie's

A/n: Work is the worst, and I have no time for hobbies now. Anway, this has been sitting on my computer for a while  now, so edited it, and here it is. Hope you enjoy. :)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You're tending bar at Josie's, surveying the rough-looking, but harmless regulars. You may be the bartender, but you've taken it upon yourself to be bouncer as well, should the need arise. Thankfully that need hasn't arisen. It is Hell's Kitchen though, it's only a matter of time. As if on cue, an older man interrupts your thoughts by getting a little too cozy with a beautiful strawberry blond. Hell, you might hit on her if this asshole wasn't already harassing her. She politely rejects his advances, but this guy isn't taking the hint. If you'd even call it a hint, her point is pretty clear from where you're standing.

"Go home, Stan." You tell him from where you're watching at the end of the bar.

"Come on, I've got a nice buzz. You've never cut me off before."

"Yeah, well you may be a drunk, but you usually keep to yourself."

"Why don't you mind your own goddamned business bitch?"

You throw the towel over your shoulder. "You're sexually harassing customers in my place of work. I'd say that is my business." You shift your weight and stare him down as a blind guy walks up behind him.

"Why don't you listen to the lady and leave my friend alone? I'm sure she has more than a couple friends here who would help you to the street." He points out.

Stan laughs. "Who? You?"

Before Matt has a chance to respond, a skinny, black haired woman, slams her glass down and slinks over. Without a word, she takes him by the bicep and shoves him outside. "Go home asshole!" She shouts after him before walking back and ordering another whiskey. After a minute of sipping on her drink, she rolls her eyes and looks over. "Oh come on guys. Even the blind guy is staring at me."

The strawberry blond is the first to speak up. "Thank you both. I'm Karen." She offers her hand

The other woman eyes her. "Jessica." She shakes Karen's hand. "A girl should be able to get shitfaced in peace."

Karen nods. "I'll drink to that."

You crack a smile. "This round's on the house for you three." You turn to Matt. "What's your drink?"

He gives you his order as Karen gets chatting with Jessica. If that's what you'd call it. Jessica seems to communicate with a series of monosyllabic sentences. A woman after your own heart.

By the time you give Matt his drink, he's been effectively third wheeled. "I appreciate what you did back there." He tells you.

"Well, you know; us women gotta stick together."

He nods. "Still, it's nice to see someone who gives a shit."

"Likewise."

"Would you let me buy you a drink sometime?"

"I get off in fifteen."

-0-

"Hey, you still wanna get that drink?" You take a seat next to Matt and bump shoulders when Josie takes your spot at the bar. She eyes you but doesn't say anything about it.

Matt smiles. "Yeah. I assume you're ready to get out of here."

"How'd you guess?"

He shrugs. "I had a feeling."

He offers his arm, so you loop your arm in his.

"I may be blind, but I can tell you're staring at me." He tells you as you get to the street.