You Clicked Your Heels And Wished For Me (Part 2)

When Jennifer shows up in all her 7ft, green self, your parents know their charade is nearing its end.

"What are you doing here?" Your mother asks.

"I'm here to meet with y/n."

"Why?"

"New evidence has surfaced in her case and I'd like to have a meeting with her about how best to proceed."

"As her court-ordered caretakers, we don't think she's in a mental state to be discussing this. It's been hard enough getting her to accept, let alone adjust to her life here. The last thing she needs is a lawyer coming and confirming her delusions."

"Well, with this new evidence, there's reasonable doubt concerning her condition. I have a right to a meeting with a prospective client. It's in your best interests to make this easy for everyone. All parties want what's best for her. If she is insane, the ruling will stand."

"All parties? Did Murdock put you up to this?"

"It's Mr. Murdock's belief that his wife, your daughter, is sane. You insisted the court restrict his freedom to even contact his wife in this time of distress for both of them. So he's been channeling his energy, working with a private investigator, relentlessly pursuing similar cases. He didn't send his partner and friend, Franklin Nelson, because he wants this done right. When he discussed this with me, I agreed to come so there would be no conflict of interest. Now, your daughter still has rights, so either I'm coming in, or you're letting her out."

Your mother huffs, but steps aside.

"Thank you. Which room is she in?"

Your mom doesn't say anything but walks Jennifer down the hall to your room, flinging the door open.

Jennifer takes a look around the room, closing the door behind her. When she sees the camera, she reaches up, unplugging it. "Now, let's get to work."

You try to hold it in, but seeing her here, knowing Matt sent her, and she's here to get you your life back, opens the dam of tears. You hate it.

"Hey, it's okay." She sits next to you, putting her hand on your back.

You let out a laugh through your tears. "I know. Since— since I've been here—" You take a breath, trying to get yourself under control. "Since I've been here," you have to detach yourself from the words to get anything out. "I've reverted to how I dealt with problems when I lived here. I taught myself at a young age not to feel. I thought it was better than feeling this bad and emotional all the time. I didn't realize I was sending myself into a depression. Since I left here, though, I learned healthy coping mechanisms. Then when I met Matt, we helped each other. Reminded each other that it's necessary to feel, to reach out to people, as hard as it is when you're in that state. But being here again, feeling this isolated, has made me put those walls up again. The only thing that's kept me sane is Peter's frequent visits. Him and the heroes who have come to visit. Matt told me not to be surprised if Tony Stark showed up but I thought he was kidding." You laugh remembering your parent's faces when the billionaire showed up. "Now, seeing you— seeing hope." You take a breath. "I'm sorry I'm so emotional."

"If you're willing to say all that to a jury, I know I can get you back with Matt at the very least."

"Tell me what to do and I'll do it."

—0—

Matt and Jessica have been spending every waking moment on this case. When he's not here, he's out being Daredevil, with increasingly brutal methods. Everyone's worried.

At this moment, Matt's been sitting too long. Feeling like he isn't getting anywhere for too long. So he lets out a frustrated grunt and stands, closing his laptop.