Bloody Hell

Matt wakes up to the smell of blood and starts panicking.

"Y/n? Y/n are you alright?" He shakes your shoulders.

You groan. "I'm fine Matt, what's wrong?"

He relaxes a bit but he's still alert. "I smell blood."

"Oh fuck." You get up and run to the bathroom. Thankfully you haven't started leaking yet. When you get back in bed he's sitting up, waiting for you.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah. I just started my period."

"Oh, sorry."

"It's fine." You pause. "You can smell that?" You ask, horrified.

He hesitates but he can't think of a convincing lie. "Yeah."

"God I'm sorry." You squeeze your legs together.

He pulls you close. "You don't have to apologize. It's not like you can help it. I'm sorry I woke you up, but I haven't lived with a woman before. I'm used to something being seriously wrong if I smell blood. I don't want this to be a big deal."

"Thanks." You think over what he said. "You've really never lived with a woman before?"

"No, I've never been this serious about a relationship." He can hear your heartbeat speed up at his confession. The feel of you relaxing in his arms tells him that you don't mind the idea of being in a serious relationship with him.

"I'm glad. I'd like to keep you." You whisper.

He chuckles and kisses the top of your head. "Let's get back to sleep."

"Alright. Goodnight."

-0-

Your cramps wake you at the unholy hour of 7 in the morning on a Saturday. You lay there for a minute just debating whether you want to get up or just die here. You opt for the former. You aren't wrapped in Matt's arms anymore so you figure you won't wake him, but he must feel the bed move.

"Mmm what time is it?" He asks, his voice groggy from sleep.

"Seven."

"It's Saturday. What are you doing up?"

"Getting pain pills."

"Oh, I'm sorry. What do you need?" He gets up.

You're surprised. You know Matt's sweet but you didn't expect him to be so ready to get up and do things for you. Other guys you've been with didn't even do this at the beginning of the relationship. "Um can you get me some Advil?"

Matt nods. He returns with the pills and a water.

"Thanks."

"Not a problem."

You lay on your stomach with your legs under you trying to relieve some of the pain. Soon you feel Matt running his hand along your back, trying to soothe you.

"Is there something I can do?" He asks.

"I don't think so." You groan. "You know, my mom always warned me not to wait until the cramps get bad to take something. To this day I make the same mistake every month."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I think I'm hoping it won't happen, or it won't be bad enough to need pain pills anyway."

"Oh. Would a back rub help?"

"Maybe a little. Are you offering?" You scoff.

"Yeah, if you want."