You're Daredevil?

You're bar hopping with your friends. Or you were before they all found someone to 'keep them warm tonight' and one by one they ditched you. You didn't want to go, you would've rather been out with Matt or something, but alas you weren't. So here you are at 3 in the morning walking home. It wasn't the time that bothered you, you stay up this late anyway. You'd rather be home doing something on the computer instead of walking past dark alleys in the cold. Just as you're thinking that, a persistent young man from the first bar gets thrown out of a club. You try to step a little faster, but he recognizes you.

"Hey, you're that girl from earlier he slurs."

You try to ignore him but he grabs your wrist. "Don't touch me." You say as you try to yank your arm free, but he only grips it tighter and starts backing you toward a wall.

"Why doesn't anyone want to fuck me?"

"Maybe because you're an ass hole. Now let go."

He looks at you in silence for a moment before he starts kissing you.

You shove him back and try to get away but he grabs you again and drags you into an alley. You start screaming but he puts his hand over your mouth. You endure him groping you for a few minutes, but it feels like hours. Before he can get any further he's pulled off you and slammed into the wall so hard he's knocked out. You turn around and see Daredevil standing there through bleary eyes.

"Are you alright? Did he hurt you?" He asks, taking care to gentle and not make this night any worse.

You shake your head and break down. "I don't know." You say through the tears.

He comes closer and leans against the wall next to you. "Well I'm here for you until you know." All he wants to do is hug you and tell you you're safe now, especially since he knows you, but he wants you to initiate it. Especially since you don't know him, not as Daredevil anyway.

"Don't you have other people to save?"

"I can't save everyone and it's no good if I only half help someone." He gives you a little smile, and you recognize those lips.

"Matt?" You exclaim.

He freezes before he clears his throat. "Uh-"

"No. Don't try to deny it. I'd know your voice and those lips anywhere."

He sighs before he takes the mask off.

You fly forward and hug him as you start crying again.

"Hey, you're safe. I'm here, I have you." He wraps his arms around you and holds you until you stop crying. After you've calmed down a bit he asks where you're headed.

"My friend's house. I don't want to be alone right now."

"Alright. Come on." He slips his mask back on and takes your hand.

"Thank you."

He shrugs. "It's what I do." He pauses. "I'm sorry." His voice sounds pained.

"For what?"

"You shouldn't have had to go through that."

"It's not your fault Matt."

He doesn't say anything else until you get to your friend's apartment. "Are you going to be alright?"

You take a deep breath and nod. "Yeah, I think so."

"I can't leave you on an 'I think so.'"

You reach up to cup his face. "I'm still shaken and humiliated, but I'm going to go in there, and she'll help me through it. We've known each other for years and years. Now go help someone else."