You Alright?

Matt can hear your pulse speed up as the click of your heels comes to a stop next to him at the crosswalk.

"You alright?" He asks as he looks forward. Or he would be looking forward, if he could see. He knows you're fine, knows why your pulse sped up, he just wants to talk to you now that he knows you're interested.

You look at the rather attractive man next to you then look around to see who he could be talking to.

He turns his head in your general direction.

"Me?"

"Yes." A small smile plays on his lips.

You've always heard that when someone loses one of their senses their other senses make up for it. But this guy is acting like he knows your heart skipped a beat when you saw him. "Um, yeah. I'm fine."

He nods. "Good." He turns back to the road.

When the signal changes he starts walking with everyone else before you even notice. You hurry across. As you watch him mix into the crowd you realize that he's struck something in you. It isn't going to be easy to forget about him.

-0-

The next day you're walking home from work as usual when you see him at the crosswalk again. The brunette man in the suit and round red glasses. The one with the soft facial features and sinful lips.

"You alright?" He turns to you with a small grin.

"Do you say that to every pair of heels clicking past you, or do you just like me?"

"I smelled your perfume, I figured it was you."

"So you like my perfume."

"It's nice." He directs a sweet smile at you.

"Thanks, I like it."

"Well, that's the most important thing."

"Thank you!"

He laughs. "There's a story there, isn't there."

"Yeah. When I first started wearing it all my coworkers thought I was wearing it for a guy. I think some of them still aren't convinced that there isn't one."

The light finally changes and you both cross.

"Yeah. Some people don't get it. Most actually."

You nod in agreement. A few seconds pass before you realize that he can't see it. "I just nodded." You laugh, trying to cover up your nerves.

"I figured." He laughs, letting you know it's alright.

There's a moment of silence as you reach the curb. "Do-" You start but cut yourself off.

"Hmm?" He raises his eyebrows and supports himself on his cane as he leans closer.

"I know we don't know each other, but do you want to grab a coffee or something?" You ask.

He smiles. "Yeah, I'd like that."

"Good."

"If it's alright, I know a place. They have nice seating and it's something other than Starbucks." He suggests.

"Yeah. Sounds great."

He holds his arm out. "May I?"

You smile and take the offered arm. "So where is this place?"

"Just around the corner from here."

You nod. "What's your Name?"

"Matthew. What's yours?"