My life revolves around being antisocial with this blind guy I met at a party

You planned to meet Matt at room 232 on campus so here you are. You look in the window on the door to make sure you have the right place. You notice everyone packing up so you step in and wait at the back of the class. It's almost comical how obviously the man at the front of the room is a history professor. Even the jacket he's wearing looks like it belongs in a glass case under florescent lights. What used to be dark gray has faded, and the elbows are worn, giving them a powdered look. His tortoiseshell glasses perched on the bridge of his nose complete his vibe. And then there was the collage of pyramids projected onto the whiteboard. It's while you're musing on this that Matt slips past you.

"Matt!" You run after him.

He tilts his head to the side as he says your name.

"Hey, I saw you were packing up so I waited at the back of the class. I guess I got distracted and let you walk right past me." You let out a nervous laugh.

"I thought I walked past you, but I wasn't sure. I figured you would've said something. What distracted you?"

"Your teacher looks like a stereotypical history professor. My writer's brain ran away with me." You laugh. "Wait, how did you suspect that it was me you walked past?"

Well shit. He needs to learn not to say things like that if he doesn't want to tell everyone about his senses. The truth is that he thought he recognized your heartbeat, but he opts for a less complicated answer. "I uh, smelled your perfume and recognized it from that night at the party."

"I wasn't wearing any perfume that night."

"Oh, it must've been your body wash then."

"Oh, okay. Well do you want to go grab some lunch then?"

"Yeah, that sounds great."

You take his hand and make your way off campus. "So winter break is coming up. What are you doing?"

"Foggy's going to spend it with his family. He invited me but I don't think I'm going to go. What about you? Are you heading back home?"

"Oh, no. My family's far away and I'm a broke college student."

"So you don't have any plans either?"

"Nope."

"Maybe we could hang out then."

"Yeah." You smile. "I'd like that."

-0-

"That was Foggy." Matt tells you as he closes his phone. "He needs me to meet up with him, but I can walk you home first if you want."

"No, go ahead."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'll be fine."

"Okay, thanks. I'll call you later, sorry I have to leave like this." He pulls you in for a hug and a peck on the cheek.

"It's fine. I'll see you later." You smile.

"Bye."

You watch him as he walks off, tapping his cane along the way. You decide to sit on a bench and do some reading before you head back to your dorm. You barely crack open the book before an old man sits next to you.

"Y/n, right?"

"Uh, do I know you?"

"No. But I know a lot about you."

You look around, watching everyone go about their day. You're in public if this guy decides to pull something, you note. "Okay, do you have a point?"