Chapter 2

I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of thunder outside my window.

"Wow. That was really loud." I said to myself.

I got up to see if it was raining as bad as it sounded, and true to my assumption, it was really pouring down.

Ugh, I hope that doesn't prevent me from hanging out with Karma tomorrow. If the weather is really bad then that'll probably worry my dad and he'll most likely come home to check if I'm alright.

It's not like I want him gone; sometimes I just feel more free when he's not here.

Should I call him too make sure he's at least okay?

"Meow!"

Huh? Was that a cat?

"Meow!"

I continued to look outside my window to see where the cat was. This is definitely no weather for a kitty. Ah! Where are you?

"Meow!"

After hearing that last meow I was able to spot it inside the bush close to my window.

"It's a little kitten!"

I rushed outside on my pajamas and made my way to the bush. The rain droplets felt like needles against my skin. What did I expect? It's February so technically it's still kinda cold. Great job Manami. Going outside in the rain without an umbrella, when it's freezing, has to be the dumbest mistake someone can make.

I didn't care though. All I wanted was to save that poor kitten.

"Meow!" It cried as I approached. I gently picked it up and held it to my chest, shielding it from the rain.

"Don't worry kitty! I've got you! Now let's go home and get you dried up."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Karma's POV

It really poured down last night. Not that I'm complaining! I love rainy days. It's the perfect weather to watch scary movies or tell spooky stories.

Since Okuda is coming today, I'll be able to scare her and mess around with her a bit. Wait, is it still raining?

I checked my window to make sure my plan was still possible. To my disappointment, it had stopped raining. Oh well, at least it's still cloudy.

I should text Okuda so she wakes up and makes it to my house before it starts raining again. It's cold. She could get sick if she's out in the rain.

To: Manami

Good morning! I'm just making sure you are awake. It looks like it's going to start raining soon so you should start making your way to my house. I know it's the morning but hey, at least we'll spend more time together! 😜

I hope that didn't sound too desperate. It really looks like I don't have any friends. To be honest, my only close friends are Nagisa and Okuda. I guess Kaede too but we don't really talk all that much. Okuda lives nearby so it's easier to hang out together.

However, that's not the only reason I hang out mostly with Manami.

I actually have romantic feelings for her, so I love the time we spend together.