Chapter 28

Third Person POV

"So, where to?" Asked Chiemi as she drove off from the campus' parking lot with not the slightest clue as to what Manami was planning.

"Just take me anywhere you want." She replied. "I don't want to be home but I also don't want to go back to school."

Chiemi could tell it had something to do with Karma. She had only seen them together for a short while, but it wasn't hard to notice that they were the type to be together 24/7.

"Alright then!" Chiemi made a sharp U turn which scared Manami.

"Woah hey! I said I didn't want to go back to school!"

Chiemi giggled and smiled reassuringly. "We aren't going back to school silly. The mall is a couple miles ahead of campus. That's where we're going."

||

Back at Keiyou, Karma was losing his mind.

"Try to calm down!" Nagisa suggested when he saw his best friend struggling to keep his cool.

Rio let out a mocking laugh. "Honestly though... serves you right you fucking dick."

Karma turned to face Rio, a dangerous look displayed on his eyes.

"Are you fucking kidding me?! She fucking lied to me about the whole juice thing, and then goes and hangs out with Itona who she knows I don't feel comfortable with!!"

"That doesn't give you the right to speak to her like that!!" Rio snapped back. "Besides Itona is one of us! Where did this jealousy even come from?! He let her borrow his hoodie, so what?!

She had a good reason to ask him for help!"

Kaede nodded. "Manami wouldn't do anything to purposefully hurt you Karma. She must have had a reason to lie about the juice!"

"Well yeah. She admitted that it was some bullies that dumped the coffee on her. But that's a completely different issue." Karma placed his hand at the back of his neck. "She's driving me fucking crazy."

"Where were you guys when this whole thing happened?" Asano asked, disbelief evident in his tone. "You guys know shit like this happens to her so why leave her behind?"

"Wow." Rio scoffed. "I wish you'd give a fuck about me the same way you give a fuck about Manami."

"Okay okay lets all calm down." Nagisa said as he stepped in between his friends. "Let's just try to figure out where she is right now and then we can talk things through."

"That's all well and good, but at least let Karma know that he fucked up please?" Added Rio.

However, Nagisa knew better. He knew the truth along with Asano, so he couldn't agree with Nakamura.

"Actually," He began. "Both of them are at fault here. Manami wasn't being honest and well Karma let out all his hostility on her."

Karma scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, because she lied to me."

"THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN HURT HER LIKE THAT!" Nagisa yelled, completely fed up with Karma's reasoning.

"Calling her dumb and a bad girlfriend?!" He continued. "Who freaking does that?! And don't you dare come to me with I did it because she lied, because you know damn well that you said all those things before you even knew that she was lying.

All that hostile and violent venting, all those painful words, they all sprung out of your freaking jealousy issue. Figuring out that she lied to you... you're just using that to excuse your foul mouth."