Chapter 23

Third Person POV

(Make sure to read the author's note too!)

It was Friday, finally. Their one weekday off and also, the day of the campus party.

Nakamura, Kaede, and Manami were headed to the shopping mall to see if they could buy some cute clothes to wear to the party.

"So how did it go with Karma yesterday? You know? About the whole PS4 situation?" Nakamura asked almost laughing.

Manami giggled nervously. "U-Uhm..."

Flashback:

"How do you confuse a PS4 with a DVD player?" Karma said while trying to hold in his laughter.

Manami frowned, feeling completely embarrassed. "Well they all look the same to me."

"Well, to avoid any further confusion, just know that the PS4 is always kept in my room."

"Wait... that's not a DVD player?"

Not being able to hold it in anymore, Karma let out a loud mocking laugh. "Manami, no. It's not!"

"I-It went w-well actually ha ha. Karma's a gem." She lied, not being able to tell her friends the embarrassing truth.

Kaede frowned in annoyance. "Well I guess that makes Nagisa and Asano the worst males in Keiyou."

"I–" before Manami could respond, Nakamura cut her off by overly fawning over a dress she saw through a store's window.

"Oh my goodness this dress is beautiful! Manami, Kaede, let's each try it on and see who can pull it off!"

The dress was too short for comfort. It was not frilly like the dresses Manami was so accustomed to wearing, but rather tight, accentuating a woman's curves.

Not to mention the color. It was a dark burgundy. The type of color you would see a powerful, sexy woman wearing.

Manami and Kaede looked at each other nervously.

"I think it's a little too... you know?... not us." Kaede said, earning a scowl from Nakamura.

"Ugh. You guys are buzz kills. But I suppose you're right." Nakamura sighed, looking at the dress through the window longingly.

Feeling bad for her friend, Manami sighed in defeat and smiled. "But that doesn't mean we can't try it on for fun right, Kaede?"

The green haired girl turned to look at Manami in utter confusion, however, Nakamura was already overjoyed.

"Yess!! That's the spirit! Now let's go try it on!" She squealed while pulling both girls into the store.

||

The three girls walked out of the dressing room, sporting the same bold dress.

"Ooh. Yeah. This dress doesn't suit you at all Kaede." Nakamura frowned. "Goodness not even the color."

Kaede blushed, not being able to hold her embarrassment. "WELL YOU SEE I KNEW THAT. BUT YOU HAD TO GO AND PUSH ME TO WEAR IT."

Nakamura payed no mind to the girl's complaints and instead moved on to her next subject. She eyed Manami from top to bottom.

"Hmm.. actually." She raised a brow in amusement. "The color suits you quite well Manami. It adds a hint of sexy to your rather innocent face and is the perfect match for your rather dark hair. But yeah, the style of the dress looks too... not you. At least we got the color down though!"