Chapter 26

Third Person POV
(Chapter starts a lil slow but keep on reading till the end huehue)

It was finally the highly dreaded Monday. Meaning that Manami started off her day with Advanced Chem again while Karma began his with Language class.

If Manami remembers correctly, her professor mentioned that there was gonna be a quiz at the end of class.

Yep... it's basically only the second week of classes and we already have a quiz. Leave it to Japan to be this rigorous. She thought as she got out of bed to get ready.

But I mean, we haven't covered too much information. I'm sure it's an easy A.

Given how much has happened in my life this week though... Ah... who knows how much my brain managed to retain.

Sunday was spent at home with Manami being on mandatory bed rest, since she wanted to be able to walk completely without issues on Monday, and with Karma finishing up some homework.

Manami had also decided to get some studying done since she literally had nothing else to do.

When both were done with their schoolwork, they decided to have a movie night, that of course, ended up with Karma and Manami having another one of their kiss sessions.

"Argh..." Whined Manami as she looked at the bright red kiss mark on her neck. "I swear Karma. You always say it will go away fast but it never does! How am I supposed to hide this? It's right on the pulse!"

Karma walked into the restroom and chuckled when he noticed her shaken up state. "Not even a turtleneck can cover that, huh?"

"This isn't funny! How am I gonna go to school like this? What will people thi–"

Not letting her finish her sentence, Karma pulled Manami close to his chest and gazed down at her teasingly.

"Let them think what they want." He brought his face closer to hers, looking down at her lips. "I know that they'll assume you're taken though, and I'm okay with that. Because you belong to me."

Completely red in embarrassment, Manami pushed him away with all the force she could summon from her tiny body.

"S-Stop. T-This is serious. I t-think."

Manami turned to look at herself in the mirror and brought her hair closer to her face.

I guess my hair covers it a little. But it's windy and when I turn to the side it will be completely noticeable. There's no escaping this.

Karma, however, couldn't help but feel slightly hurt. His mind began to wander and stray to treacherous places.

"What? You don't want other men to know you have a boyfriend?" He crossed his arms and leaned against the door frame, glaring at her through the mirror. "Or do you not want Itona to see it?"

Manami rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Seriously? Stop being unreasonable. You know the type of person I am, and this thing is just not something I'm used to. It's a little embarrassing... you know... to have people know about what we do.

And also, Rio will start teasing me like crazy and she'll be asking me if we've... you know..."

Karma's cheeks turned a light shade of pink at Manami's unfinished words. She didn't have to complete her statement for him to know what she meant.

"Oh. I see." He said while turning away from her. "I'm sorry then, I won't do it again."

He began walking outside of the restroom but Manami held on to his wrist before he could leave.