Chapter 15

Manami's POV

I sat on a bench with my bag on my lap as I waited for Nakamura. She wanted to hang out today and told me to meet her in front of our favorite shopping mall.

Meanwhile, Karma is out buying groceries by himself.

I feel bad for leaving it all up to him, but he insisted that I went out with Rio. It was kind of suspicious, but maybe I'm over thinking.

Anyway, yesterday was our high school graduation. Once again, Kanzaki couldn't be there.

She wanted to get used to her new home, and decided to leave before we graduated. I don't blame her though; if it was me, I would've probably done the same thing.

I wouldn't want to go to a new place if I'm not prepared beforehand.

The school delivered her high school diploma through mail and Kayano made sure to record the highlights of the ceremony.

I wouldn't say it was emotional. For me, at least.

Almost all of my friends are attending the same college as I am, and, honestly, I didn't make many friends at Sakuramachi.

It was always Rio, Kaede, Kanzaki, and I.

No one would understand our background and the ones that knew more in depth about our junior high experience, well, they just stayed away from us.

As for graduation parties, our little gang decided to just go to a park and celebrate now that the weather has cleared up a bit. We ate and played some games, so it was fun.

"Okuda!"

I saw Rio approaching me with a big smile on her face, so I stood up from the bench and waved.

It was odd for her to smile like that, but I simply returned the smile.

Once again, I could be overthinking.

Eh, I'll ask anyway.

"Hi, Nakamura! What's with that smile? Something good happen?"

Rio opened her mouth as if to say something, but stopped when something caught her eye.

She smirked. "Well well well. Okuda, I see you and Karma did a little celebrating of your own."

"Huh? What do you–"

Before I could finish my question, Nakamura cleared her throat and pointed at a spot on her neck.

Oh... It's... That...

She means...

"You have a hickey!"

My face turned red with the mention of that word. I mean, I even wore a turtleneck to cover it up but apparently it was to no avail.

I sighed in defeat. "Well, yeah. I didn't know that this could happen, and Karma seemed proud about it, so I thought it was a good thing... until I took a look in the mirror."

Rio laughed and patted my shoulder. "Where are Karma's parents? Seriously, I didn't know he was so hormonal! If you guys continue to live alone like that, you might lose your V card soon."