Chapter 20

Wow.... I had a really long break. First, before you guys read the chapter, I want to apologize for making you guys wait months. I'm really sorry. I had the biggest writer's block I've EVER had. Like, I knew what I wanted to happen in this chapter, but I just didn't know how to write it. Also, life as a senior is really difficult. There's so much going on and it's really hard to not stress and keep up. I didn't want to give you guys a crappy chapter, (even though this chapter is probably crappy anyway..) so I decided to take a small (not so small) break to get my ideas flowing again... So, with that being said, I'll begin the chapter now!

I won't make any promises from now, but please, don't give up on this story. 😔

I'll try my best to update whenever I can.

Once again, I'm really sorry.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Third Person POV

Just as Manami had expected, the first day of college was filled with death glares and insulting murmurs.

Rio and Kaede noticed how Karma's fangirls were reacting towards Okuda, but decided it was just jealousy and nothing serious or dangerous that could affect their precious friend.

If only they knew about the huge bruise that resided on Okuda's left rib...

At least I made it through the day. Manami thought as she walked the last couple of meters home.

I didn't get to talk to Itona today, but maybe tomorrow I'll bump into him.

She continued walking towards the house, excited to see her boyfriend after such a long, tiring day.

Okuda couldn't help but let out a loud sigh.

Ugh! And this was only the first day! How am I supposed to survive college with all those girls staring at me like they are planning to kill me or something?!

No matter how hard she tried to think of something else, the only thing that came to mind were Karma's fangirls.

She was still surprised that there were so many of them...

So many broken hearted girls that were now out to get her...

Once again, Manami sighed.

The sole thought of having to deal with their attitudes was enough to exhaust her.

The braided haired girl finally made it to the front door of the house and shuffled through her bag for the keys.

Great... where did I leave–

Before she could finish her thought, Manami heard the door swing open. In front of her stood the person she wished to see so much..

The only person who was able to bring her peace in the midst of all the chaos.

"Karma.." She sighed.

"You forgot your keys, so I figured I'd just wait and open the door for you." The redhead smiled and pat her head gently. "But why do you sound so defeated? Tough first day?"

Once again, Manami let out a loud sigh, this time followed by a soft laugh.

"Just... a lot of stress..."