Chapter 9

Manami's POV

3 days later

I found myself thinking a lot about Karma during school. I had to be told to pay attention at least twice a day.

"Damn girl. You got it bad!" Nakamura teased while she took a bite out of her melon bread.

I blushed. "Yeah... We made up and well, now I find myself thinking a lot about how I feel about him. I don't know if I already like him or if I'm just now starting to fall for him..."

"Look, it's how I said the day of the sleepover, the time will come when you will figure out how you feel! Judging from how fast you guys are moving, you are going to find out soon." Kayano said while resting her head on the desk since she was done with her lunch.

She sure eats fast.

"By the way," Nakamura glared at Kayano and I, "it was a really messed up move to ditch Kanzaki and I just so that you two could go sleep with your lovers."

Kanzaki nodded. "Yeah. I felt like a third wheel..."

I never thought I would hear those words come out of Yukiko's mouth. She's the prettiest girl in our school and all the guys dream about dating her. However, she seems to not be interested in any of the guys that throw themselves at her. Maybe she's still waiting on Sugino?

"Sheesh..." Kaede rolled her eyes, clearly annoyed, "can't you just get over that? Shit..."

Oh no. Here we go again...

Kanzaki and I let out a defeated sigh as a sweat drop appeared on the corner of our foreheads.

"Whoa aren't we a little feisty? And what's with that foul language? Do you kiss Nagisa with that mouth?" Nakamura asked in a mocking tone.

"Hell yeah I do and he loves it!" Kaede shot back.

"Can you guys calm down, please?" Kanzaki attempted to break off thisss... Whatever you call this, by patting Nakamura gently on her shoulder.

However, Nakamura and Kaede continued to glare at each other.

Well, nice try Kanzaki.

I was about to jump in myself and try to help out, but my attention was drawn to my vibrating phone.

A text from Karma.

From: Karma

How are you doing? Did you like your bento box today? Also, did you like the comment I left on Nakamura's post? 😉

I blushed at the text and began to type my response.

From: Me

I'm doing fine, and yes! Your cooking is always on point. Also, commenting, "The girl in the glasses is sexy af 😏" on our group photo was flattering for me, but annoying for Nakamura.

From: Karma

Pssh. I don't care what she thinks! I'm glad you liked my compliment. I was only stating the truth. 😏😉

I couldn't help but smile and blush at Karma's smooth talk. His flirting skills are better than I expected.

I was about to reply but noticed that the girls had gone silent and were now staring at me.

"Oh... Uh. It's Karma." I said, trying to get them to stop looking at me all weird.

Nakamura smirked. "We can tell Okuda."