Chapter 21

Okuda's POV

Today is Wednesday, meaning that I start off my day with Advanced Chem. Not too bad but also not the best choice for a 10am class.

Seriously, what was I thinking when I made my schedule? Part of me wanted to get all my classes together with Karma, but I had to resist.

Judging from what happened yesterday in Calc class... I believe I made the right choice to only get one class with him. Karma would've been a huge distraction.

Talking about yesterday, after Calculus class, since it's our last subject of the day, Karma and I simply headed home to relax and watch TV. It was the first day of Tuesday and Thursday classes, so there was really no homework. Since, you know, first days are always the freebies.

Anyways, nothing too serious happened once we got home. It was just a typical normal day with Karma and Mittens.

Gosh. Thinking about how my life truly made a turn for the better always makes my mood brighten. I'm living with the boy I love and we adopted a cat off the streets, or as Nakamura and my friends like to call it, our love child.

Honestly, what did I do to become so lucky? Every day, no matter how stressed I might be, it truly feels like I'm coming home.

"Hey Okuda! Remember me?"

I looked up quickly to see who the sweet and gentle voice belonged to.

Akemi.

"You okay there? You seemed like you were off in la la land." She said as she placed her stuff next to my desk and took a seat.

"O-Oh no. It's n-nothing! I was just being weird! Sorry." I stuttered as I shakily opened my blank notebook. God I was probably smiling like an idiot.

But...

Huh. That's weird. She wasn't here for Monday classes. Did she skip? A lot of people skipped class the first day because lately there's been a tiny flu spreading around. Karma got his dose already, and thankfully it didn't get as bad as I've seen others get it.

"No need to apologize!" Akemi giggled. "Actually, this is my first day in Advanced Chem. I decided to drop Biology because it wasn't challenging enough, you know? I want something that will look great on my transcript and biology seems to be the easy route for many. So I figured, why not take Chem instead!"

Ooh so that's why she wasn't here the first day.

I managed to smile and nod my head. "Yeah, I understand! Don't worry though, you didn't miss much. We only went through the syllabus and if anything, I can always help catch you up if you ever miss another day!"

Akemi's eyes grew wide as she put one of her dainty hands over her chest in appreciation. "Oh goodness, thank you! Although I wanted a challenging class, I don't know how well I'll do in Chemistry. I'm glad I can count on you for help!"

"Alright class, settle down please, the lecture is about to start." The teacher said as the room gradually fell quiet and all eyes were looking to the front of the room.

And that's when I noticed.

Amaya and her other friend sitting on the first row.

Gosh... did they transfer to Advanced Chem only to make my existence a living nightmare? I have enough of their rudeness every time we encounter each other in the hallways or in the restroom.

And now my favorite subject is being spoiled as well? Great. This semester just ought to be wonderful.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*