Chapter 5

Third Person POV

After a long day at school, Karma was excited to go back home and spend time with Okuda. However, he had to meet up with his blonde friend before going back home.

The redhead made his way to the convenience store where he was supposed to meet Nakamura.

Why couldn't she just meet me where Okuda and I meet after school?

He entered the store a little irritated since his time with Manami was being cut short.

"Long time no see psycho!" Nakamura called out. She has always been too blunt.

Karma got a little bothered but brushed off her comment with a chuckle. "Yeah, yeah. So, do you have Manami's schoolwork?"

"Ooohhhh first name basis already?" She teased.

"We've been on first name basis. What are you talking about?" Karma held out his hand, waiting for the schoolwork.

Nakamura laughed and gave up the notes.

I see she hasn't changed a bit.

Karma has always known Rio for being the female version of him. They were always teasing Nagisa back in 3-E, and always had a prank up their sleeve.

"Why did we have to meet up here anyway?" Karma asked.

Nakamura grabbed a juice box for Karma and one for her. "I want to talk to you about Okuda."

This got the prankster's attention.

"Okay, what about Okuda?"

Nakamura's tone and expression seemed to have shifted from playful to serious. It was rare for her to be like that, so whatever it may be, it must be important.

"She told me you guys were probably going to start dating soon. I'm glad and all," Rio handed the juice box to Karma after giving the money to the cashier, "but please, just try not to fuck up."

Karma grabbed the strawberry beverage and looked at her in confusion. "Yeah, I'm really going to try not to do that. Why are you telling me though? Are you playing the part of the over protective friend?"

"That's not it." The blonde continued. "She's just, fragile right now. A lot of things have been going on and she's always been really insecure."

Rio and Karma walked out of the store with their juice box in hand.

"Yeah, I know she's insecure. But what has been going on?"

"You mean, she hasn't told you?" Rio said with disbelief in her voice.

Karma thought hard about what Rio could be talking about. What hasn't Okuda told him? Or maybe she has told Karma too many things he can't point out the one Rio is talking about.

"Told me what?" He finally decided to ask.

Nakamura shook her head no. "If she hasn't told you, then I say you wait until she does. It's not right for you to hear it from one of her friends."

They both remained quiet as they walked to Nakamura's house. Karma couldn't let Rio walk home alone, so he decided to walk her home instead.

"Look at you being a gentleman." She teased, trying to change the subject.

Whatever it was that Okuda was hiding from Karma, he was going to find out. He was going to ask her as soon as he got home.