Chapter 13

Manami's POV

"Just an hour and thirty minutes left." Karma whispered in my ear as we entered the testing room.

The four days are pretty much over now.

However, I have to admit, it was really challenging to not cuddle or hug Karma.

I know it hasn't been that long since we moved in together and started dating, but in that short period of time, I pretty much got addicted to hugging him and having him close.

"Yep. Just an hour and thirty more minutes. Then it's over." I smiled up at him, restraining myself from reaching for his hand.

I'm pretty sure it was a living nightmare for Karma too.

He would always tell me to stop being so cute, when all I would be doing was studying or staring off into space.

"Hey guys!" A familiar voice called. "Over here!"

We turned around to find Rio and Kayano waving at us. Nagisa stood next to Kaede, smiling.

They were standing close to some seats, probably saving them for us.

"Hello!" Karma and I greeted as we walked over to them.

However, it felt different.

From now on, Yukiko won't be with us anymore...

Yesterday we saw her off at the train station. She was moving on and starting her new life at Mejiro, alongside Sugino.

We laughed, cried, and smiled as we reminisced about our fun and crazy times at Sakuramachi.

Our highschool years were precious, even though we were all fighting our own battles.

She took the entrance exam for Mejiro and Keiyou before us, and got accepted to both.

Part of me wishes she would've stayed here with us.

We would all be together.

But I know Kanzaki. She loves to challenge herself.

And well, Keiyou is just for people who don't want to get away from home.

Keiyou's entrance exam is pretty much a formality. Almost everyone in this room will be admitted. With an eighty percent acceptance rate, everyone who averaged to a C in highschool is technically in.

That's why it was simple for Rio, Nagisa, Kayano, Karma and I to say, "we got accepted."

Point being, this college was never meant for Yukiko.

"Asano will be here in a bit!" Rio put her phone back into her bag and sat down on one of the spots they were reserving.

"Wait, Asano?!" I looked at Karma who is as shocked as I am.

Why would someone that smart attend a place like this?!

But... then again, Karma is also attending Keiyou and he's equally as smart so...

"He said he wanted to keep challenging Karma academically." Nakamura sighed. "Why is everything a competition with you boys?"