Chapter 27

Third Person POV

(In this chapter I will tell Chiemi's story and it will have some sensitive topics. I'll put * when I'm about to start telling it and when I end it. If you feel uncomfortable with such topics then you can skip over her story.)

I still can't believe that happened. Manami looked up at the ceiling, the light of a new day shining through the window. But if I'm being honest, it didn't feel wrong.

Embarrassing, yes. But not wrong. Somehow, I wasn't insecure to let him see my body shirtless. The me from years ago, heck, even months ago, would've refused immediately.

But I guess.... I just trust him, and actually love him, a lot. I didn't know I was capable of loving someone like this... I was always reserved and kept to myself.

And now here I am. Completely losing my routine-like feelings and emotions.

For the time that I've lived with him, I've undergone so many new emotions I never thought someone like me was capable of feeling.

I never deemed myself worthy of love either. He's such a good person.... sometimes I still feel like I don't deserve everything he does for me or all the love he shows me.

But that's why I'm doing this. To become someone worthy of his love.

So I'll become strong. I'll do it. I can do this.

||

"Why did you gather us here at the ass crack of dawn?" Kaede took a seat in front of Rio who was waiting in a lone table at the school's cafeteria. "Literally, no one is here."

Rio tapped her hands against the table excitedly. "Well I wanted to tell you guys about what happened last night with Asano and I! Also I know Manami leaves right after Calc since that's her last class of the day, so I couldn't have told you guys after my classes were over."

"Then you should've just called her up!" Kaede crossed her arms in annoyance. "I had to leave the comfort of my bed and left Nagisa all confused and lonely."

Manami scoffed. "Yeah well, I basically had to sneak out. If Karma knew I had to be here at 6am he would've tagged along or not let me come."

"Damn. That's tough." Realizing that the conversation was straying from the real topic, Rio shook her head vigorously and leaned into the table. "ANYWAY. About Asano and I."

"Did he finally hug you?" Asked Kaede in a mocking tone.

"C'mon. Don't be like that. Let her talk." Manami smiled at Rio and nodded. "What were you gonna say?"

Well... when you actually think about it... Rio bit her bottom lip in disappointment. It's not really a big deal... that's it... he just hugged me.

Manami noticed Rio's sudden mood change and instantly began to worry. It wasn't like Rio to show such an expression, at least, not unless something was truly bothering her.

"Hey what's wrong? You were so excited a minute ago and now you're all mopey."

The short haired girl turned to look at Kaede who had taken the words right out of her mouth.

"It's just... I realized it wasn't actually a big deal." Rio looked down at her hands. "Now that I think about it, he never initiated anything. He said to just ask him when I wanted something, so naturally I told him to hug me and he did. We held hands but only because I asked him to."

Rio laughed painfully. "Wow. I can't believe I was excited about that... there's nothing romantic or nice about asking for affection. I'm sorry girls. For wasting your time."