The Day

"What am I going to do?" I croaked.

"Life wise?"

"Well, yeah, Ari. I'm not sure I can live in that house anymore." 

"Channy, I think.. I think you need to go to an adoption home."

The words wrapped around my brain, coarsing through my blood and stabbing holes in my veins. 

"Listen, Channy." she said with a demanding yet caring voice. 

"I think this is what's best for you. We both know that  you won't be able to balance all those bills. And I can't move in with you because i'm going to college. Who's going to be there for you? I can't be there if you need me forever.."

"But.. You can't just.. No, you can't just go around saying that to people! I can get a job! I c-can take care of myself!" People started looking over at me because I was yelling quite loudly. 

I then began to think.. What would my parents want? 

"O-okay. Fine. But.. How will I do it?"

_________________________________________________________________________

~Two years later~

"Bye, Channy. I'm going to miss you. Text me everyday.. Okay? Make sure you're not adopted by some raper.." she jokingly added.

"I'll be sure to do my research, Ari! I love you. Have fun in college. Stay away from those naughty college boys..!" 

She giggled. "I love you too. No promises!" 

After our goodbyes she jumped in her car and drove away. She was finally going to the college of her dreams. I was happy for her, but sad at the same time. She was leaving town so I wouldn't be able to see her. But I know that one day we'll meet again. I jumped into a taxi and headed to the Cheshire's only orphanage. I thought to myself. The results could be terrible. I could never be adopted.. Because let's face it, if I was an adopter, I wouldn't choose me. 

"We're here." the driver said, wiping the ash from his cigar off of his shirt collar. I payed the man and got out of the polluted car. I pulled up my sleeves  and got my bags from the trunk. I then walked to the door. I sighed deeply.

This door leads to my future. I placed a hand on the handle. There was no turning back now...

I opened the door and the smell of baby wipes filled my nose. I always hated that smell.

"Hi! Welcome to Cheshire's Orphanage! Are you looking to adopt?" the perky lady who seemed to be about 20 said..

"O-oh no, i'm actually looking to stay here.." The lady smiled at me. "Okay, we'll need you to fill in some paperwork. Take a seat of there."

She pointed at a small waiting room with a children's rug and some chairs. I took my bags and the paperwork and sat down on one of the leather couches. There were a lot of drained 40 year old couples there with their clueless children. A cloud of sadness drew over me. The children didn't know a thing about what was going to happen to them. Once their parents leave for a 'business trip' the kids resume their happiness playing with all the other abandon kids. Once the other children tell them what's up, another kid is added to the batch. 

"I'm done with the paperwork, ma'am." I said, not wanting to spread my sadness with the happy lady..

"Great! Your room will be room 11."

I took the key and headed to my room. I opened it only to find two beds. One side was COVERED in one direction posters.. I think i'll like my room mate.