The last goodbye

"Okay! We're going to the hospital right now. I'll be there A.S.A.P." as soon as she finished the statement, I heard the jingle of her keys. And then she hung up. I quickly ran out of my warm bedroom. I didn't care about my shoes. Or a coat. None of it mattered right now. I stood outside in the crisp air waiting for Ari. 

A couple minutes later her White Ucon rushed into my driveway. I ran into her car and shut the door before the heat escaped. 

"Channy! You must be freezing! Why didn't you put a hoodie on or something.. God damn, you're going to catch hypothermia." She said observing my outfit. 

"I-I don't know..." I said. That's all I managed to get out. I couldn't even think correctly anymore.. Suddenly we came to a stop. We were now at the hospital where my parent's bodies lied. 

I ran. Ran faster than ever before. I demanded the nurse to give me the room number where my parents were. In a panic, she blurted out the number. Room 47. I dashed through the nurses and doctors not even caring about all the disaster I just caused. I could hear paper's flying in the distance. Ari was just behind me. I reached the staircase leading to the floor my parents were located. There was no time for elevators. Without hesitation, I sped up the stairs, tripping a few times. There were now small cuts on my knee's from the concrete. I finally reached the room. Panting, I opened the door to my mother and father bed to bed. 

"They only have a few minutes left.. If I were you, i'd say your goodbyes."

The nurse was trained to tell how many minutes a patient had left. To think that she had to see this almost everyday was just.. Unimaginable. I walked slowly to my parents' bed, trying not to alarm them. 

"Mom, dad, I love you very much. Thank you for being there for me. I know I can be a jerk sometimes and I know that we sometimes don't get along, but I just thank you for putting up with me all these years. I hope that you have a better experience up there, with grandma and grandpa. I'm sure they'll be happy to see you.. Say hi to them for me, okay? You guys are the highlight of my life. The energy that keeps me going each and every day. I will do something with my life. I will pursue my dreams.. Just for you. I love you with all my heart."

After I finished, the hopsital's heart beat monitor beeped one solid tone. I froze. Both of my parents were dead. The people who were most important to me.. Gone.

A.N.: Hey guys. how about them feelz o-o gahh well anyways this was a depressing chapter. Oh and, me and Karly are holding a cover contest. So just email the cover to  Niallsrocks7@gmail.com. Thanks! Baiii~

~Lexy