Chapter Three: A walk in the park

Chapter Two: A Walk In The Park

   As Ari walked me out of the hospital, I looked up at the lights ahead of us and felt wet tears fall down my cheeks making the tiles slippery. They were gone. I just couldn't grasp that single thought. All I could process was what I was going to do. Fight on with my parents' lives. It's quite difficult seeing your parents die. 

It's even more difficult realizing that you have to face the real world. With that being said, I'd have to focus on adult like things in order to make it on my own. The thought of going back to that content house was not an option. I don't see how one can dwell in a household that once held life. That home is now nothing but a ghost's territory now. 

It was cliche how they died, really. Here, you never really hear about stuff like this. News reporters were swarming around the idea of a new story. The neighbors that had no liking of us, I may add, had the nerve to spit out bullshit to the newsies, pretending to sulk for the sake of being on tv. They never gave a shit about us. But when one is gone, it's like they magically have a secret bond formed with them. 

Ari and I made our way down to the park, since it was the only private and or casual place we could let our emotions out. The park was filled with people in yoga looking uniforms, jogging down the trails of the breezy oak trees. I took a seat at the park bench as Ari followed. We sat in silence, for god knows how many minutes. Thoughts were stirring in my mind as Ari gently put her hand above mine, as a sign of comfort.

She knew exactly how I was about death. She knew that eventually I'd just be humorous about it, to ease the pain. She also knew that I'd just act is if they were still there. As if any of this never happened. But sadly, I couldn't run away from the truth this time. I couldn't hide.

We both decided to get some starbucks, since it was the nearest place with food. We ordered the same drink and some donuts and took a seat. We both sat quietly, taking occasional sips and few nibbles. I was practically forcing down my breakfast, too sad and frustrated with myself to eat.