Part Thirty -seven

The sunlight reached Nicole's face and warmed her cheeks. She stretched.

She remembered Ethan's words last night and the plan to tour the manor, she truly thought it would help if she got some sun, she needed to be outdoors and just taken it all in, it was a beautiful morning after all to be at sea. If only she liked all the people, she would be with.

A knock on the door made her jump a little bit.

"Come in" she shouted.

Eric went inside. The memory of last night flashed in her mind and she couldn't help but blush remembering what happened.

Eric took a bath. He wore a white polo shirt and khaki shorts. He looked fresh and young.

"Good morning" he greeted. His smile was genuine. He didn't show any ill feelings about what happened last night.

Nicole started to relax.

"Good morning, Eric" she greeted him back.

"Ethan told me an interesting thing this morning. He said that he invited you to sail in the yacht and you said yes?" He confirmed.

Nicole turned her head around as she slowly got up from bed and headed to the balcony. "Yes, that's true. He invited me probably as a good host. Anyway, I could not say No to him. With his engagement and all I can't show both of them that I am affected so I said I'll go." She responded.

Sadness crept into her eyes as she tried to whisk it away. Eric followed her and gently held her shoulder to make her face him, he then lifted her chin and smiled.

"You did good. So, what are you waiting for? Go and change now. We will pack some food in the boat so you can take your breakfast there." He spoke.

She nodded and when she was about to go to the bathroom Eric held her hand and pulled her to him again. He embraced her. He then quickly lowered his head and kissed her lightly on the lips. Nicole was speechless.

Before she could react, he ended the kiss and moved away. "I'll see you downstairs."

She sighed. Eric has been pursuing her for some time now. Suppose she would choose another man aside from Ethan. It would be Eric. She was confused if it was the right thing to be with Eric just because Ethan had forgotten her.

What kind of question is that? Of course, it's wrong! She thought.

Eric would be her rebound but the guy was everything she hoped for a man. Though her heart beats for Ethan exclusively, it is not a repulsive idea to be with Eric.

Are you serious? What about Eric? Can you commit to him 100%? He deserves to be loved unconditionally; can you give him that? Her internal voice was screaming.

But she needed to consider that her child needed a father figure to look up to. Is it wrong to think that way?

Absolutely! You are being selfish! Do you think that is fair for Eric and even for your child? Her inner voice reasoned out.

She then shakes her head. This thought about the future and Eric gave her a headache.

For goodness' sake it is too early in the morning, she thought.

He sighed. She would cross the bridge when she got there but for now, she needed to prepare. She would soon be facing Lorraine and Ethan.

"Oh, it's going to be a long day," she whispered.

When they boarded the boat, Eric was guiding her to the upper deck. Lorraine and Ethan were already there.

Lorraine wore a skimpy bikini that screamed "Watch me" flaunting her assets for everyone to see. She has all the right to show off, but Nicole can't help but scowl at her audacity.