Part Eighteen

Her head spins after moments of staring at the man who haunted her dreams night after night even if she kept denying it. Oh, she missed him! She shouldn't be feeling this way through but if she's going to be honest about herself, she surely wanted to be near him like this. To feel his warm touch around her again, to feel those soft lips ravishing her, to keep her alive. Her thoughts went back to the incident in the coffee shop. Every warm fiber on her body felt cold. She should loathe this man! She should not feel something for him. Not anymore at least.

She untangled herself from him and tried to compose herself. She forced a smile. "Yes, we did, we meet again" she uttered, pretending that she was unaffected.

"You look stunning..." his eyes roamed around her features. She blushed. Why does he have this effect on her every single time?

"Thank you" she simply replied maintaining her act.

"Join me for a drink Nicky, for old time's sake?" he casually asked. She debated to turn him down when a woman approached Ethan and wrapped her arms around him. She was the same woman who was with him in the coffee shop, her veins erupted. A pang of jealousy consumed her again. Calm down! She told herself. She looked at the woman on Ethan's arm, she was wearing an emerald flowing dress with a matching emerald necklace and earrings. She looks like Poison Ivy with all the green colors all over her. She knew she sounded stupid; the woman was very pretty. The green color brought an emphasis on her eyes and her white glowing skin was more obvious, she could be mistaken as a model, but regardless of her beauty her hands were like a snake twisting gruesomely on Ethan's arms and she did not like it, even a bit.

The woman raised a brow same thing she did in the coffee shop. Her gaze moved from Ethan and her.

"Who is she?" She bluntly asked Ethan.

"This is Nicky... Nicky, this is Anne," he introduced to them. The woman just nodded and pulled Ethan away, but he remained steady. He then casually removed her hands from his arms as his gaze still fixated on Nicole.

"We have something to talk about. If you can leave us, please." He dismissed Anne unemotionally. Anne stood there feeling confused and baffled.

A satisfied grin registered on Nicole's face she's acting like a kid, and she knows it. Anne saw her untimely grin and was ready to break her neck. All because of Ethan! Her smirk faded when she realized that it would be disadvantageous to have alone time with Ethan, she was not ready for that yet. Because she knows her emotions will betray her and she cannot guarantee self-control around this man. She should have brought a date, and now she's regretting why she didn't listen to Kate. She was in turmoil when she saw Eric nearby heading in her direction, he smiled at her.

"Go on Ethan, I have a date anyway. I will see you around sometime..." She said and turned her back from Ethan and Anne, the moment that she did, a loud groan was heard escaping from his lips. He didn't anticipate seeing in full display her nakedness. It's an absolute view, Nicole walks slowly giving him the time he needs to be mesmerized. She then met with Eric halfway and grabbed his arms swiftly as she tried to drag him away from the ballroom. Eric was stunned but gave in to her command. They then trailed towards the garden outside the hotel building.

Nicole released Eric's arm and exhaled loudly.
The cold air made her relaxed. As they welcome the night dew atmosphere together. Tiny droplets have formed on the plant leaves and Nicole touched them gently

"Am I missing something here?" Eric asked, still not getting, what happened.

"I'm sorry that I brought you back here I just need to escape from that man earlier" she talked about Ethan.

"Mind if I ask why?" he asked curiously.

"Oh nothing, he just harassed me, promised to do something but bluntly lied, and by the way he was rude too!" She lied, hoping Eric wouldn't be asking further questions. She dropped her gaze for she couldn't look him straight in the eye.