Part Thirty

"Yes, prepare a ten million dollars withdrawal from my account. Yes, I need it in cash, just do what I say and stop asking questions!" Ethan yelled on the phone as he spoke to his secretary. He wanted to make sure that he would get Nicole back. If the police won't find a suitable way to rescue her then the ransom would be the only answer.

Twenty-four hours have passed and there has been no contact from the kidnappers on what they needed to do next. He was slowly losing his patience. He has not shed any sleep since Nicole was gone, and the stress is eating him up, making him irritable. What was stopping him from cracking was the fact that Lucas remained calm all through this mess. Kate handed him a cup of coffee. She smiled tightly.

He exhaled. "Thank you," he said.

"We have not been introduced..." Kate mentioned. Ethan realized that was true. He only learned her name when Eric called her. He also figured out that she was working for Nicole when Lucas asked what appointments Nicole had taken for the past few days after the threat was delivered.

"I am sorry. This whole thing was mind-blowing. Allow me to properly introduce myself. I am Ethan Tyler." He opened his palm and smiled.

Kate watched as he moved swiftly. He had a strong presence in him, and he was devilishly handsome even when his tired eyes were obvious. No wonder her lady boss has been smitten. Kate cleared her throat and clasped his hands. "I am Kate Hailey; Nicole's assistant." She answered.

"I know that this is not the right time, but I owe you an apology" Kate stated.

Ethan raised a questioning look. "Why is that?" He asked.

"I was curious about who owns the World Hotel knowing that your company took the chance we had in getting the deal done from JQ Enterprises, but I cannot find any photo of you and I kind of spread rumors that you are hideous," Kate said shyly.

Ethan smirked at how ridiculous it was. He tapped her shoulders and nodded. "I forgive you" Ethan humored. Kate was about to reply when Eric interrupted their conversation.

"The kidnappers called" he informed them. Ethan readily stormed back to the living room. He saw that Lucas was talking to them. He was marching back and forth; his features were solemn.

"I understand" the old man spoke.

After he put the phone down Eric readily asked what they talked about.

Lucas stared at them with weary eyes "They want the money by midnight" he started narrating. "They want us to go to the park. Then from there, they will give the next instructions." He finished.

"Is Nicole alright?" Ethan asked.

"I did not have the chance to ask before they cut the call off" he sighed.

"I hope she's alright..." Kate intercepted.

"Me too Kate, me too..." the old man whispered. As he silently prayed for his daughter's safety.

******************************

It has been a day now and Nicole felt filthy. Her muscles were aching too. They resorted to tying her up when she pulled the stunt of fleeing.

It happened when the man who abducted her gave her another set of meals. She was desperate and wanted to go home, that's why she thought of an escape plan.

The faces of the two men were in full view. One guy was bald and had a dragon tattoo on his right arm, the other guy had a big scar on his left cheek reaching to his brows. She can only imagine how painful it was when the wound was fresh.

"I need to pee," she said after the bald guy handed her food.

"You can pee there in the corner" The man pointed in the direction of the used containers near the wall. It looks dirty and disgusting. She winced.