A Pair Plus One

Sanity Pov

I felt my body tenses up as I watch the teacher begin writing the message on the board. As each sound to the chalk screech marked my dread and nervousness more. Once the teacher finished writing I gulped as I read the message on the board.

'Group Projects'

Great... It had to be projects.. The one thing that leaves a big effect and to make it worse.. It is in groups.. Which means that I'll have to be near people. It's not because I hate being close to people, I just really don't want to hurt them like my past parents (still leaves me mental scars), well mostly to the innocent people who had worked there.

"Okay class, this is your first project and this is about talking about how the Native American lived with a model and report. You can get help at an outside help but you'll mostly partner up. Now to prevent having people be with their friends and slack off, I'll choose randomly" the teacher informed as we all nodded. The teacher soon took out a cookie jar with a bunch of paper name tags on it. The teacher shook the jar as they draw out the first two names.

Fred and Frank

The whole class groan knowing that their smarty person was taken as the two cousin look at each other with disbelief. I predicted this is not going to end well. Soon the Teacher draw out another pair and says it aloud.

Jake and Wendy

All the girls in class gave Wendy a death glare since the most popular boy in this grade was taken by a tattle tale. I'm feeling mouth for Wendy now since it's going to be bad for her.

The teacher continue on saying the names

Sam and Mary

Sarah and Maria

Dylan and John

Nate and Gina (reference)

Janice and Robert

Rose and Fiona

Ted and Heather.

The list goes on as I deduce who I will pair up with as I figure out who is left. 'Okay all that left is Me and.. And..' My eyes widen at the though as I certain person came up in my mind. 'Lucius!' I internally scream as I heard the teacher calls my name. I felt the world slowed down as thy took out the slip. "Sanity and..." The teacher said as I felt my mind screaming to spit it out or I might lose my mind. "Megan!" The teacher declares and I blinks and sigh in relief. But suddenly I looked around to notice that she was missing. Wait.. She absent today! That mean.. Oh shoot. "Hm.. It's seems that Megan is not here today guess I'll have to draw again" the teacher said and my eyes dialated. "And the next person for Sanity is.." The teacher said as they draw out the paper once again. Please oh please don't let it be..

"Lucius"

I internally groan due to the fact once again I'm with HIM. Plus he lives with me! So I won't be only seeing him once a day. Lucius looked at me with a smirk on his face. At least he's being honest with the fact that he has an excuse to be with me just to learn some information. He's being creepy as ever. I soon when back to focus as the teacher then discuss about the qualifications of the project and how to get an A in the project. Deep inside I know that there always going to be that one kid who over achieve it, it's not bad and all but it's kind of a overkill to me. I sigh as I took notes of what to do while feeling a pair of eyes burning hole behind my back.

(Time Skip by Mary boasting about her greatness despite having no full power)

I walks out of class with the bag on my back along with the fact books in my arms. Me and Lucius decided to do the project about the Creeks because we had no other ideas of which tribe to pick. I sigh as I begin walking down the halls and felt someone was strangely following me. I stopped for a moment and I heard an echo of another pair to footstep has stopped as well. I know it could be by some other students but I felt that it wasn't because I felt eyes staring. I could have sworn Lucius had went in a direction far enough to be unable to follow me. I was in deep thought about why did I have this reaction until I felt a hand was placed in my shoulder. I squeaked and blindly swing my book to the unknown person but a hand quickly grabbed my wrist to prevent impact on the hard cover book. I blinks, once and twice until I notice who it was but a familiar pair of brown hair and red eyes. "Issac?!" I blurted out as he merely smiled and slowly helped my lower my hand down. "Careful there Kiddo, you nearly caused serious damage to the face along with the fact you might damage the book since it will have my blood on it." He explained. I let out an awkward laugh as I rub the back on my neck and look to the side. "Heheh.. Sorry about that Isaac...I guess it was just reflexes and all and I just panic when you touch my shoulder.. So please don't sneak other to me or else you might be not so lucky." I stated as I let out a few laughs just to lighten the mood of this conversation.

I mean I'm talking to a person who at least 8 or 9 years older than me! So you can feel really awkward all of a sudden n the talk just went quiet. He just smiled as he looks at the paper sandwiched between the books sticking out. He looked at it curiously before pulling it out and reads it. Geez.. Talk about being nosy much? "So you're doing a Native American project with the Wagner kid?" He asked as my eyes eyes widen before nodding. How did he know about Lucius? I only put his first name but then again... There were news about the Dante Manor fire and how Lucius Wagner along with Charles (who was severely injured) so I guess he assumed it to be him plus student records are open to his advantage.

He seems to be in deep thought about something before nodding "Interesting... You know.. I may have some knowledge about the Creeks, but since I don't have time to teach you guys about it since I'm always busy at school... How about I can come to your house to help out on you guys project" he explained. Something was very off about that explanation but I couldn't figure where so I just merely nodded "Sure but I need to call my parents to get permission.. Can't let anyone in" I said as he nodded "Ah yes.. The life with parenthood.." He muttered as I notice something flashed in his eyes.. Was it fire? I just nodded again as We both part ways. I didn't know what was going on with him but there is more to Isaac Gilmore than it meet the eye.

Isaac Pov
I grin as I finally found an opening to reveal more information and this about.. From the two supernatural people. Two at a price of one.. How delightful... All I need to do is to make sure Sanity's parents are convinced to let me in. I guess a little persuasion would work...

Guess it's time to get dirty...