The catch up.. Or ketchup?

Sanity Pov

The next day I was out the hospital with my parents helping me find the way out of building. It turns out it was 4 days because I was passed out for 3 days and was checked on the 4th day to see if everything was okay. They said why I was unconscious for so long was because of the fire and the smoke making my body to work slowly. That sounds like a weird explanation but I can't argue with them, they are authority. I thought it was because my body had to recover from the loss of magical energy I let out but I couldn't tell them that, they wouldn't believe me anyway.

Once I was checked out, we cross the parking lot and into the car with Lucius in there. Why did they leave a child unprotected is beyond what I can think of. As I put on my seatbelt, a stack of index cards was pushed in front of me as I look up to see Lucius holding it. I read what was on the top card and it said 'What you missed'. At least he's nice enough to recap the past few days... But he still doesn't want to talk yet! During the car ride, I read the cards while Lucius was busy looking out the window.

Let me summarize it real quick.

Luckily for the school, only the library portion was burnt up but was closed off to the students due to the state it was leaving a bunch of unhappy bookworms. They decided to start a fundraiser to repair the library and gain books that was run by the book club. They were going to sell snacks to help, which is pretty smart since a lot of students like food. Deron had disappeared after the incident and no one has a clue of where he went... What's with all the yanderes being gone anyway? Probably something that people won't make a deal out of it... (A/n: -hears readers screaming about it- Oh no..) I mean sure I'm pretty worried about it but not much. I'm actually a little more relieved that he's gone. Because there are not going to be any stalkers for me!

Oh wait... Lucius is one... And he lives with me... Shoot... Don't shoot me literally...

The rest of the information was just the lessons and assignments that was given during that time. But the last card made me curious. It was the only thing that looked burnt. I took a closer look as I read the leftover words.

"I... K.. Ll... Y.. Ne..."

I felt the burnt card taken away as he told me well more like write to me that it was something personal as he shoves it back into his teddy bear notebook. Which probably has death plans in it. Nodding to him, I then look out the window to watch the world pass by before my stomach growls.

"Looks like somebody is hungry, let's go to that corner store over there" my dad said as the car parks in front of the store and we all got off the vehicle. I have to hold my mother hand due to being too young to cross the parking lot as we enter the store with a chime. "Hello welcome to Snack Mart, how can I help you?" A lady with blue eyes and red shoulder length hair ask. She had a freckles on her face and red lipstick on along with a brown shirt, blue jeans, and a yellow vest with the market symbol on there. Despite not knowing who she is, she strangely looks familiar.

"Would you like a newspaper?"

I yelp in surprise as I snapped out of my train of thought when a newspaper was shoved in front of me. What with things being put to my face today? "Wait a minute.. Sanity? What are you doing here?" An all too familiar voice had said as I peek to the side. My brown eyes met green as I discover that it was Wendy. I awkwardly cough as I put my hand behind my back for safety as I look at her. "Well getting something to eat... You..?" I ask. I wasn't really good at talking to her because most of the time, she would try to get gossip from me. Wendy sigh "Trying to sell stuff in my family store..." Wait family?! As if reading my mind she continue. "Yes, my family, we all spend our time working here since our parents are out getting a course on business management.. My sibling are running it.. It isn't a best place for a messenger to work in-"