Summer time blues

3rd Pov

"What is He doing here?!"

Grandma Jane had a frown on her face as she said that and gave a slight glare. "Now Now Mrs. Wringer don't be so upset just because there is another kid here to take away your time with your granddaughter but he's a really good boy, he has been really quiet through the ride here, just scribbling" Fredrick said as he put his hand over the boy shoulder who looks very uncomfortable at the contact. "I know how you feel, I just hate it when my lovey wovey get taken away from me" Caroline added as she clung onto Fredrick free arm as she enjoyed the smell of coffee of of him, the boy looked at them with disgust. Grandma Jane sigh as she pinch the bridge of her nose and shook her head "That is not what a meant..." She muttered under her breath as she caught the boy staring at her only to look away. She sigh at the action as they all heard footsteps coming as they look at Sanity coming towards them while tying her hair with a white ribbon "Hey Mom, Dad and Grandma, what's u-" she stopped abruptly as her eyes widen at the sight she saw. Fredrick gave Sanity a smile, being oblivious to the fact of the reaction of seeing him. "Oh hey Sweetie I know it's a big surprise and all but I'm sure you guys can get along. You'll probably know him even. He's..."

Lucius

Sanity thought of that word as soon as she saw him while Lucius have her an innocent look as it saying 'what's wrong?' . Sanity internally sigh as she gave him a looks saying 'You know Lucius' she replied as Lucius just smirks in return. Sanity and Lucius where push to each other by Sanity parents. "His house was burned down just like you two school (A/N: I know the time lapse isn't right but it's for plot time sake.. Sorry) , he doesn't have any home to go to and since you two were classmates, your father told Detective McMuffin-" "McGuffin Honey" "Whatever, that Lucius can stay at our home for the time being, also bring Lucius to therapy daily to recover of course" The mom explained as Sanity eyes widen of what she had just heard. Things grew more worse for her as her mom added one more thing "And since it's nearly summer vacation and the school is burned down. You guys have a early summer break! That mean you can spend time with each other All summer long." . Sanity gulp nervously 'Oh shoot.. Now I'm stuck with the son of the devil for the whole summer' Sanity thought as she dreaded slightly of that happening.

Grandma Jane had that same thought as she glanced at Sanity and Lucius and see cleared her throat earning the other attention "Erm.. Of course.. But this is still a big change for the kids so how about we talk to the kids in private, I'll talk to Sanity since I'm blood related to her while you two talk to Him" she explained as they nod as they lead the children to separate rooms. Sanity was in her bedroom while Lucius was in the living room.

At Sanity side, Grandma Jane closed the door as she knelt down to Sanity height and looks at her. "Sanity, this is important, no matter what happens.. Protect your family and yourself, even though he is at an advantage of being a more powerful being, your parents are innocent people and they have taken care of you far more better than the last ones and I believe that's the reason to live, treating fa strange minded child like a normal person.. Not many have a gift like them" she said (A/N: Man I'm putting a lot of monologue than the story... Especially to Grandma Jane) as Sanity nods, listening to every word of it. Grandma smiles through her wrinkled cheeks as she patted her head like how a mother would. "Good child... You remind me so much of your mother" she said as tears glisten in her eyes as Sanity gave her a sympathetic look, know the pain she felt and hugged her. Grandma Jane hugged back as pulled away and took out a necklace out of her pocket.

The necklace had a woodsy color, 1 inch gem with a black dot at the middle which made it looked like a small eye. It was entwined silver casing in a form of a dew drop while being strung through by a chain.

Grandma Jane places the necklace at the palm of Sanity's hand. She gave her a stern look "Keep this Sanity, the gem is the eye agate gem, that gem will keep you away from the evil eye. This will help you later on" She stated as Sanity nods as she turns around and Jane help put the necklace on her neck while Sanity tuck the gem part under her shirt. She smiled at Jane who smile back as she get up and open the door led her out the room.

Meanwhile

Lucius tried Really hard on trying not to kill Sanity's parents. He knew they can be used as sacrifice to his father but for finding the identity of what Sanity really is, he would lay off killing.... For now. Plus that old women which he had found out as Grandma Jane really made him on guard since he was slightly off 'Geez what with old people being into supernatural stuff?' He thought as he thought about his grandpa. He sigh as he let his mind wander off while the parents were discussing about how this was big change for him and told him not to worry.. 'Pathetic..' He thought. He begin to wonder what Sanity truly and he parents doesn't seem to know about it since there were no signs of being slightly aware about her action or they can be faking it but they must be really good at hiding it. He better write this down on his journal so he can know if any behavior changes.

(Time skip by a lot of lectures later that probably put people to sleep)

After the talk it was time for Grandma Jane to leave due to it getting late. She gave one last glance at Sanity and Lucius before leaving the house and went to the retirement home, because they claim she was too old, if she wasn't a nice person, she would probably erase them by now. As soon as she left Fredrick turn to the kids. "Well since it almost bed time... You two should go to bed. And since we don't have an extra room.. You and Lucius will be sharing the bed in your bedroom.". Both kid eyes widen as they looked at each other. 'I'm going to sleep with her?!' Lucius thought (A/N: Hey Peter would liked that!) . 'Dammit dad' Sanity thought.  (A/N: At least it isn't Peter your sleeping with)