Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"One thousand percent actually." Blaine nodded, giving a breathy laugh.

"Ooh another zero. Guess I gotta believe ya." Cooper sighed, jokingly defeated.

"I'm going to shower now and I'll see you in an hour." Blaine rolled his eyes and hung up.

He quickly stripped his clothes and jumped in the shower. The days were getting colder so he enjoyed the steaming hot water that was coming from the hose above him.

He was softly humming a song while scrubbing the soap out of his hair. He had so many thoughts in his mind. He swore one of the topics was a cure for cancer... Why did he ponder life's most deepest thoughts in the shower? Why did anyone? Not like it's a sanctuary.

He turned off the water and quickly changed into jeans, a white V-neck, some old torn Converse, and grabbed his leather jacket from the chair in the room.

He headed downstairs. His feet were padding softly on the way down and he felt as light as a feather. There wasn't any sound coming from the living room or the kitchen so Blaine headed in to investigate.

Then he suddenly saw Finn's sleeping body curled up -or in the most awkward position Blaine had ever seen- on one of the stools and his head rested on the table. Actually his whole body was practically on the table.

"Finn?" Blaine asked softly. But there wasn't a hint of movement. Then he said it again but no such luck. He even did it louder. Before he could really think he suddenly shouted, "FINN!"

Finn fell out of the chair onto the marble ground and had a look on his face that looked really similar to Kurt's bitch face. Well the big grizzly bear and the porcelain boy finally had an inch of something in common then.

"What the hell?" Finn asked, gritting his teeth staring up at Blaine.

"Why are you sleeping on the Kitchen counter?" Blaine asked innocently.

"I was texting... Rachel and she-she wouldn't shut up and finally I just fell asleep here I guess." Finn sighed.

"Shame Finn. Rachel's probably pissed at you. You should of said something. A goodnight would of been better than nothing." Blaine smirked.

"You little asshole." He growled.

"Little? Yeah. Asshole? Get called that enough by my own brother." Blaine shrugged.

"And you'll get that from your 'brother in law' too." Finn nodded.

"You think Kurt and I are going to get married?" Blaine asked, suddenly shocked.

"It's kind of inevitable." Finn nodded.

"Do you think you and Rachel are soulmates?" Blaine suddenly asked.

"I'd like to think so. I think I need her more than she needs me most of the time though. She's going to do so great out in New York. I want to go with her. I've had my doubts though. I know you have too. But you have to be sure that Kurt is someone you want for the rest of your life. Is he your soulmate?" Finn said.

"Sometimes Finn, you can be such an idiot." Blaine murmured. "Now is not one of those times."

"Thank you..." Finn said slowly, unsure if it was really a compliment.

"You have a big heart. Don't let Rachel get hurt. It'll hurt you more in the process." Blaine said, heading for the door.

"You didn't answer my question." Finn said. "Is he?"

Blaine didn't want to seem like he was hesitating but he was. He knew the answer he'd just never really confirmed it to himself. Kurt was his everything.