Chapter 32 Koneko's shadow. Release your power!

Ever since Kiba saved Issei and himself from the sudden ambush by Qlippoth, the brown haired teen could happily say that Kiba's confidence had been fully restored. The red dragon emperor felt relief slowly flow out of his body as he soaked it in hot soothing water.

Issei felt that things were finally beginning to return back to normal now.

After all, slowly but surely his comrades were getting ready to battle by his side again. Many members of the Gremory household were hard at work honing and improving their skills for the next oncoming evil that is threatening both the human world and the underworld.

Kiba and Xenovia are sparring together in order to get a better idea of how each other fought this would give them both intel and experience. Which would greatly assist them for when the moment arose that they would jump into battle back to back.

Issei also caught glimpses of Akeno and Asia improving their magic power and their stamina as to prevent their tanks emptying too quickly.

Issei grinned as he remembered catching a glimpse of Asia trying to increase the range of her healing power and Akeno hard at work changing the shape of her lightning attacks. Which like Kiba's newest technique, resembled that of a dragon.

Even the King herself was hard at work. Rias was working on a new technique to further improve her arsenal of destructive magical attacks to combat against the threatening Qlippoth group.

It was at that moment when images of Rias Gremory overran Issei's train of thought and monopolised his mind.

"Do your best. But I promise to you that I will also continue to grow stronger so I can protect you Rias." Issei said with conviction and determination.

"Rias...." Issei said again as he began to lean back further.

Suddenly, Issei felt something soft behind his head as opposed to the hard tiles that were normally in the place he leaned back towards.

"Yes?" A voice said making Issei startled by the sudden intrusion in his head.

"Ri....Ri....Rias?!" Issei said clearly startled by Rias' sudden arrival.

"You looked like you were thinking quite deeply about something Issei." Rias said to the boy who was currently leaning against her chest.

"Rias? Since when were you in here with me?" Issei said as he tilted his head to look at her.

"I'm sorry Issei, when I saw you head towards the bath, I couldn't help but want to join my cute little pawn and wash his back for him." Rias said as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

"No it's not a problem Rias. You just surprised me that's all. You're certainly getting better at masking your presence." Issei said as he struggled to decipher how she managed to escape his senses.

"You're so mean Issei. You've been spending so much time with everyone else, that your cute fiancée has been very lonely. So I won't let you go anywhere." Rias said with a mischievous grin as she greedily held him tight.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting Rias. But I had to return everyone back to normal before I could happily face you alone." Issei said as Rias now held him close to herself.

"It's okay Issei, I expected as much from you. But just remember, we all care about you. So please don't push yourself too hard.

"I understand Rias. I promise to be careful." Issei said feeling he could finally relax and enjoy his time with the crimson princess.