Chapter 25

Chapter 25 The face that pains her heart. Rias I'm coming to save you!

Rias awoke from her slumber in a wild panic. The events of her day yesterday mostly clouded only remembering her brother coming to visit the occult research room which for some reason was a mess. Ryuu told her that a tree had fell and smashed through the roof and that is why she became unconscious after a branch hit her in the head. But the conversation she had with her older brother still haunted her mind.

(Flashback)

"Big brother? What brings you here?" Rias said as her brother emerged through his magic circle with his queen Grayfia.

"Good day to you Rias, Xenovia, Kiba, Asia and oh who's this?" Sirzechs said with a puzzled expression when he pointed towards Ryuu.

"What are you talking about big brother, don't be silly you know Ryuu. He is my precious pawn after all." Rias said smiling whilst she showed off her favourite piece.

"Oh, I see now. So you and Issei had your first fight so now you're threatening to replace him. My goodness you really are still a normal teenage girl little sister." Sirzechs said with a joyous expression.

"What are you talking about big brother? Ryuu is my only pawn he used all eight of my pieces." Rias said which made Sirzechs look serious now as he looked at Ryuu.

"So you don't know anybody by the name of Hyoudou Issei?" Sirzechs said making Rias have a severe headache. One ten times as worse than if she accidentally read a bible.

"Rias?! What's the matter talk to me!" Sirzechs said quickly rushing to her side only to be stopped by Ryuu.

"Calm down lord Sirzechs, I will take care of her." Ryuu said after whispering in her ear to make her lose consciousness.

And then everything went black.

(End of flashback.)

Rias hugged her naked and sweaty body as she reminisced on such a horrifying memory. Her head began to hurt every time she attempted to remember anything before her brother arrived. It was as if she was being denied access to her own mind.

Rias suddenly felt lonely when she felt the covers next to her, feeling that something wasn't right.

The crimson haired teen felt scared all of a sudden and approached Ryuu's room which was just opposite her own.

The ruin princess approached Ryuu who was sound asleep in his bed with his back turned away from her.

Rias approached his bed and climbed into the bed behind him. Suddenly after Rias wrapped her arms around his waist, she immediately retracted them and felt a huge sense of fear. For as soon as she touched him, a green dragon appeared in her head and his back felt cold as ice.

Rias felt something was definitely wrong now. After all, this is the man she loved so why was she so afraid of him.

When Rias went to leave his room, she felt a hand grab onto her wrist.

"What's wrong Rias you look troubled." Ryuu said in a gentle voice making Rias calm down.

"I'm sorry Ryuu, I just had a bad dream and I wanted to see you." Rias said with a blush feeling embarrassed to tell him the truth.

"Don't worry Rias, you're safe with me." Ryuu said as he placed his hand on her cheek and leaned in for a kiss.

Rias didn't expect what happened next when she found herself pushing him away as he tried to kiss her.

"I'm sorry for waking you, goodnight!" Rias said as she retreated from the room.

Rias entered her room again and ended up tumbling over a chair which had her school bag on it. Causing the bag to fall onto the ground as well.