Chapter 36 Go for the gold Kuoh Academy!

Fireworks soared into the air and exploded throughout the atmosphere. Marking the clear signal that the festival had in fact begun.

"Welcome all contestants and spectators once again to Kuoh academies spectacular sports festival! I am your commentator Kiryuu Aika. If you're just tuning in, the first year and second year boys are now approaching the starting line for the 1500 metres race." Kiryu said as the racers began to take their starting positions.

"The most exciting of the students and those who are also predicted to win, are known as the two princes of this school. Representing class 2-B we have Kiba Yuuto. And from class 2-C we have Issei Hyoudou!"

"Issei-Kun, remember what I said before. I'm going for the win today!" Kiba said as he began to get into his starting position.

"Bring it on! Let's show the world the strength of the men who serve Rias Gremory!" Issei replied responding to the announcer and getting into his own starting position.

"On your marks.... Get set.... GO!"

And with that, the gun signal sounded and the racers took off like bullets fired from the barrel.

"And their off! Their fast! As expected, the two leaders of this event are Kiba Yuuto and Issei Hyoudou!" Kiryuu said as she now got into the spirit of commentating.

"It seems these two are neck and neck! And oh! They don't seem to be slowing down despite the sharp turn coming up ahead!"

"Ahh but it seems this turn had no effect on either of the pairs speed and focus!"

Issei and Kiba ran shoulder to shoulder as if they were conjoined twins or even contestants in the three legged race.

"Sorry Issei-Kun, but I'll be going ahead now." Kiba said as he suddenly picked up speed and passed Issei like a howling wind.

"Oh! And it seems Kiba has broken the cycle and has pushed onwards towards the finish line!" Kiryuu said as Kiba sped to the half-way point of the track.

Issei grinned and then decided to dip into his reserves he had stockpiled inside.

"I won't lose Kiba." Issei said to his comrade. Tapping him on the back as he passed him.

"It's not over yet Issei-Kun!" Kiba said as he began to pick up the pace as well.

However, something was wrong here....

No matter how fast Kiba tried to run, his feet showed no sign of closing the distance between him and Issei! As Kiba's speed increased, Issei managed to still hold a strong lead!

"Damn it! Is this not enough?!" Kiba thought to himself as he saw Issei close in on the finishing line.

"And it's over! It was a close shave, but it seems that our winner for the 1500 metres, is Issei Hyoudou! Followed by Kiba Yuuto in second place! Oh and here comes the rest of the contestants..." Kiryuu said as the other participants approached the finishing line about three minutes later.

"I will obtain all of the top ranks for my president." Issei said causing a huge scream to originate from a huge crowd that had begun to form by the racing track.

A group of girls in matching clothes cheered with all of their might. Their pom poms shaking vigorously in the air!

This group of girls made Issei's popularity very evident to the public as they all wore red t-shirts with words such as, Issei Hyoudou is the best! Issei Hyoudou class 2-C and GO ISSEI!

"Kya! Who is that racer?" One girl said deciding to join the huge crowd that supported the gold medallist.

"Eh you don't know him? He's Issei Hyoudou-Kun!" A second year said in response to the newbies question.